When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Super Avenger - The Beast!

OSRep

Hey guys, hope everyones well.

Its been a while since I posted a new watch, so im excited :thumbsupsmileyanim: Heres my latest pick up: Breitling Super Avenger with Genuine blue batons dial (I knew there was a reason I loved blue so much). Picked it up as a private sale from a member. This wont be a review (as I havnt handled a gen long enough to compare), but ill give a few personal impressions.....and some photos!

First Impressions:

HUGE and HEAVY!! The Super Avenger measures in at 48.4mm in case diameter and 18.6mm in width, so yeah its a very big watch and definitely isnt shy on the wrist. I weighed it and its weighing in at 160grams, on the B'ling website it says 153.3grams (not sure whether this takes into account a strap or not?). I have measured it and the measurements are pretty spot on to the gen! These specs surprisingly dont make the SA uncomfortable to wear.....im actually loving it.....doesnt feel top heavy at all.

Secondly: BLING BLING!!! Most of the watch case / parts of the bezel / sticks on the dial are highly polished. The dial catches the light in a fantastic way - the Breitling logo, stick markers, hands and sub-dial outer rings all shine when catching the light. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

In terms of accuracy to the gen - im no expert. All I can say is "I cant believe this is a rep". My one has a gen blue dial installed so theres no issue there. I know the major flaw with the rep dial is that the batons are one solid piece whereas they are separate on the gen - im not sure how big a major tell this is (as the gap between the pieces is very small.....).

AR is quite good too, sometimes the crystal seems to have disappeared, sometimes you get a nice blue / light purply hue (is it the same on a gen?)

The watch came with a stock leather strap (which the seller kindly "threw in"), however, im expecting to strap this puppy to a rep OR and a Gen Pro II bracelet soon :good:

The watch houses an A7750 movement which has supposedly been serviced. I can not hear the rotor (very lightly at times), the crown unscrews nicely and the date / time set smoothly! One thing I can notice though is that the date sits slightly to the left side of the date window - dont know why? :g:

Just by looking at photos of genuine SA's on the net I can safely say that the Rep appears to be well replicated. I think on the V3 SA's the chrono pushers are slightly longer - this V2 case seems spot on..........

Anyway, a few pics! If anyone has anything to add then please do.........(except for comments about hairy wrist shots - sorry about that!) :bleh:

Regards

OS

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3705.jpg

IMG_3707.jpg

IMG_3708.jpg

IMG_3710.jpg

Wristies, might give you an indication of size (I have a 6.8" wrist)

IMG_3697.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

IMG_3700.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3703.jpg

IMG_3702.jpg

Thanks Denzo! It will be nice to see the white dial version too! The bracelet should be on its way now then this watch will be fully blinged out!!!

Thanks for the compliments, but they are rushed photos......I need to get a nice SLR with a macro lense soon! :whistling:

OR wheres the ocean racer :Jumpy:

i think i am exitet as you bro ;) that this strap arrives :lol:

NO OR yet bro :bangin: No sign of the package yet :whistling: hopefully tuesday (bank holiday tomorrow)......Dont worry i will let you know the minute it is here ;)

sweet !

makes me miss mine :black_eye:

Thanks Frank!! Why did you sell yours? Looks like its been relumed. One thing about Breitlings - lume is rubbish! Had a gen Avenger Skyland, and this gen dial, lume on both is minimal.....they need to get a nice lumi dial on the market.....

Thanks Frank!! Why did you sell yours? Looks like its been relumed. One thing about Breitlings - lume is rubbish! Had a gen Avenger Skyland, and this gen dial, lume on both is minimal.....they need to get a nice lumi dial on the market.....

• 4 months later...

Is this a Swiss ETA or an Asia 7750? I really LOVE the Super Avenger series. I'm in the market for one, anybody have any knowledge of a reputable online dealer that I can purchase a Swiss ETA or Asia 7750 movement Super Avenger? Preferrably with a steel band and a white face? Thanks so much for any input you all may have. :)

Bobby

Is this a Swiss ETA or an Asia 7750? I really LOVE the Super Avenger series. I'm in the market for one, anybody have any knowledge of a reputable online dealer that I can purchase a Swiss ETA or Asia 7750 movement Super Avenger? Preferrably with a steel band and a white face? Thanks so much for any input you all may have. :)

Bobby

The Britling SA comes with a Asian7750,I have the white dial with hour markers. These are some of the very best reps around Imho. Most of are trusted dealers have this rep. I purchased mine from Perfect Clones. Read some of the dealer reviews and go from there,good luck and welcome :drinks: