When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SOH V2 Asian mvt - problem

geestyleed

Hi guys,

yesterday I received my SOH V2 black with OR Strap.

Everything fine so far and I reaaaaly like this watch, but:

When I unscrew the crown to set the date/time everything is ok, but closing the crown the date changes the whole time while getting a "not good" sound from the movement. It seems as if the Crown is the whole time in the 1st position where you normally set the date.

I think I read somewhere that this is some kind of SOH V2 issue? Btw: Asian ETA 2842-2 Movement

Just want to make sure that I dont mess up the movement with this problem and if there is any easy fix for it - not this method :bangin:

Greetz,

gee

Hi, mine does this with the ETA as well. I've been told it's because the stem is too short.

The way I deal with it is to wind it backwards before forwards, like the way you avoid threading the tube, except with a tiny bit of downward/inward pressure, and it engages flawlessly every time.

Took a couple goes at it to get the process down but hopefully it will work for you too.

It works so well that I don't think I'll bother asking Zig to change it next month when it goes to him.

Hello gee,

I think if you look around some you will see this issue posted before. My guess is you are probably setting time/date in this order:

1) unscrew crown

2) pull out to time set position and adjust time

3) push in to date set position and adjust date

4) push crown in and start to screw it back down, while doing so date changes over again and sounds a bit crunchie while doing so

This is a typical issue with the clone 2824 in the SOH. In my experience the ETA and Seagull do not do this. The "fix" that most use is to add a step to above

1) unscrew crown

2) pull out to time set position and adjust time

3) push in to date set position and adjust date

4) pull out to time set position again

5) push in and start to screw crown

This works for me every time with my V2 clone.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this post, I just had to refer to it for my new arrival it works a treat!

There's definitely a difference between the swiss version I had already and this one, though - but if it's just a case of sorting a new stem then that shouldn't be too hard a fix :)