When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Case Making 101 - Chapter 3

jmb

Time to "stick a fork" in this project. After a bit of brainstorming with Ubi (actually, he did most of the brainstorming) it was decided that an AP Royal Oak band would look pretty good. He took some measurements and I confirmed it was exactly the right size for this case so the band went in the mail.

Milling the "slots" into the case went pretty uneventful but when I was drilling the case for the attachment pins my clamping fixture slipped on one hole and when I was drilling all the way through case and band (for alignment) on the other end the drill bit snapped! :black_eye: Not having any way to get this bit out the watch now has one band lug pin which is a broken drill bit and I have one "tab" which sits recessed from the surface and has a "munch mark" on it... :angry: But, this whole exercise was meant to be a learning experience and that it was!

This project will probably stop at this point other than maybe trying to figure out how to graft in a Tudor clasp and finishing the "rough brushing" on the band.

Here are a couple final pics:

Fantasy Tudor 1.JPG

Fantasy Tudor 2.JPG

Fantasy Tudor 3.JPG

Fantasy Tudor 4.JPG

Fantasy Tudor 5.JPG

Fantasy Tudor 6.JPG

Thanks for all of the kind words and encouragement in the other two threads and tagging along with me on this odyssey! Here's hoping I remember mistakes and the next one will turn out perfect.

Very unfortunate Justin! But as you said, it was a learning experience. The greatest ideas / inventions mostly come from mistakes :) That case shape and the ROO bracelet are a very good match though. Thanks for keeping us updated :thumbsupsmileyanim: