When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Simple, crude, but somehow also very beautiful...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest zeleni kukuruz

Thanks, gang smile.gif

Well, there's no question that Rolex builds a solid, robust mech. movement, but the overall quality is nowhere near the same league as many of the prestigious watch houses that pour hours worth of hand finishing into their calibers. Rather, what finishing there is on the Rolex bridges and plates is more out of function rather than form; i.e. the perlage is there for detaining dust and debris. However, if one were to disassemble the movement one would discover that the finishing is only on the exposed surface areas only; the finishing stops once a plate overlaps. Despite these details, I think the simplicity of the movement is what makes it beautiful. It's not overly complicated with clear, concise and logical design. Just from handling it, I find that it's easier to work with than even an ETA.

As for the pics; I think it's mostly the camera wink.gif The lighting is usually natural light, and I use a 50mm macro lens on my EOS. I wish I could take some of the credit laugh.gif The lens is actually quite versatile; here's a pic of my daughter that I took just earlier today using the same lens.

I wubs it.

Watches, movements, shiiits this and that!!!

m8 you have a amazing girl there, THIS SHOULD BE IN THE PIC OF THE YEAR!!!

Congrates on your girl/fameli Ubi!!!

• 3 months later...

I almost felt bad about taking the movement from the Eterna to make the Daytona. But I usually look at transplanting movements from one case to another as being similar to people or families moving from one house to another. The heart is still the same, so to speak; the exterior might look a little different, however...

:)

• 1 year later...