When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Which 371702?

bitmit

I'm ready to buy my next rep, and it's gonna be a Spitfire Chrono, but which dealer?

I've found the same watch from three different dealers - Pure Time, Joshua and Trevor - here are the links (if anyone has a preferred dealer for this watch please tell me):

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/spitfire-chrono-white-dial/

http://www.1-pc8838.com/iw02010-spitfire-chrono-37172-ssss-a7750-chronos-28800bph-p-3704.html

http://www.trevortime.info/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=30_31&products_id=1252

I'd love to benefit from everyone's experience here - they all look identical to me (even from the same factory?) - is any of these a better rep than the others? They all have high-beat Asian 7750, Double AR, Working Chrono. I'm interested in 1.) which is the most accurate rep; 2.) whether the movement will need servicing out of the box (I've read that the chrono craps out); 3.) if the AR is ok, or will need sending to one of the AR maves on the forum; 4.) whether I should get the (apparently hard to find) bracelet or strap with deployant (understanding that it may not be that good).

I looked at a lot of 3717 reviews on the forum, but the Spitfire Chrono doesn't seem as well reported. Is it not as good as others, or just not as popular? I think it's beautiful.

Looking forward to some input...

How many replicas you got so far bitmit? :drinks:

The list scores is for "out of the box" watches

The Replica List by red9k

+ Good (Above the "normal" replicas)

++ Better (Close but no cigar)

+++ Best (Very close to a genuine)

Audemars Piguet

Royal Oak Offshore - Rubberclad sec@12 +++

Royal Oak Survivor

Baume & Mercier

Riviera XXL +++

Bell & Ross

BR02 ++

Breitling

Super Ocean Steelfish +++

Super Ocean Heritage +++

Avenger Seawolf +++

Skyland Avenger v3 ++ (could only find v2)

Chronomat Evolution v3 +++

Cartier

Santos 100 Chrono (7753)

Cartier Santos XL Chrono with 7753

Chopard

Classic Racing- Rose Gold.

Mile Miglia GTXXL ++

Mile Miglia GMT ++

Concord

C1

Corum

Admiral's Cup

DeWitt

Academia

Ebel

1911 Discovery Chrono +++

Graham

Swordfish

Chronofighter Commander

Chronofighter Oversize Diver +++

Hublot

Big Bang Tuiga

Big Bang all black

Big Bang ?

Big Bang King

IWC

Aquatimer 3719 ++

Top Gun Pilot Chrono ++ (i linked the v1 cause most say it is more accurate)

Big Pilot 5002 ++

Big Pilot 5004 ++

Aquatimer GST Ti ++

Pilot Chrono 3717 +++

F A Jones ++

Big Pilot Father & Son 5002

Longines

Master Collection MoonPhase +++

Hydro Conquest ++

Montblanc

Sport Chrono ++

Timewalker Automatic Chrono +++

Officine Panerai

Scuderia FER 008 +++

California Special Edition FER 030 +++

Marina Militare Luminor PAM 082, DSN +

Luminor GMT PAM 088, DSN, for its "silverness" +

Luminor GMT PAM 088 Cartel Ult, for its closest to gen +++

Luminor GMT PAM 089, DSN, latest with black sub-dial ++

Luminor Marina PAM 091, DSN ++

Luminor Arktos PAM 092, Cartel Ultimate (+++?)

Luminor Marina PAM 104, Ultimate +++

Luminor Marina PAM 111H, Sead +

Luminor Marina PAM 111I, LH +++

Luminor PAM 112, DSN

Luminor GMT Regatta PAM 156, Cartel Ultimate +++

Luminor Marina PAM 164, Ultimate

Luminor Marina PAM 165, DSN

Luminor Tantalium PAM 172, DSN +

Luminor Marina PAM 177H, DSN +++

Luminor PAM 189 +++

Luminor Submersible Regatta PAM 199, PWC great deal +++

Luminor Firenze GMT PAM 228, DSN blue dial only ++

Luminor Firenze PAM 229, DSN ++

Luminor Marina PAM 240, DSN ++

Luminor Daylight PAM 250 with 7753 not accurate, but nice

Luminor North Pole GMT PAM 252, Cartel Ult +++

Luminor Regatta PAM 308 manual wind chrono (not the auto one) +

Omega

Seamaster Professional Planet Ocean, UPO from Sead

Speedmaster "Moon Watch" ++

Speedmaster Date (retro) +++

Speedmaster Day/Date ++

Oris

Carlos Coste LE 7750 version

Patek Philippe

Aquanaut Jumbo v2 ++

Nautilis Jumbo ++

Paul Picot

Le Plonguer C Type +++

Porsche Design

P6340 Flat Six +++

P6341 All Black +

Raymond Weil

Nabucco Chrono +++

Rolex

WM9 Yacht-Master

WM9 Submariner v2 (did i link the correct one?)

Milgauss with Green sapphire Swiss ETA

Explorer I

GMT Master II +++

Daytona

DateJust I

Rolex Explorer II

Sinn

U1

Tag Heuer

Carrera 43mm Limited Edition Chrono

Link

AquaRacer ++

Ulysse Nardin

Maxi Marine Diver Chrono ++

Zenith

Defy Extreme Chrono ++

This post has been edited by red9k: 26 April 2010 - 06:38 PM

more here in this thread:

Hi Bitmit - welcome to the forum - from my understanding - and I am sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong...most of the watches come from one factory, and then get distributed through the dealers. I know that the Second link you have listed in Joshua's site. He's a trusted dealer and I've used him a couple of times. So here goes my answers to your questions...

1) Probably the same basic watch from all dealers

2) Movement will more than likely need servicing. Most people recommend buying the watch, and if you really like it and it turns into a keeper, send it off to one of the local (local as in RWG local) repairmen to have it serviced.

3) The stock AR is decent, but the AR from Chief is Amazing - you really have to see one in person to understand it, but you can't go wrong with getting AR done..

4) I would go with the bracelet - it's a really good Rep (as long as it's the same as the standard 3717 bracelet) and is really comfortable

As for the lack of reviews - probably mostly due to the fact that it's not as popular os the standard 3717-01

-DB2

Gran - that would be 5 now, since I've just ordered the 371702 (Fakemaster SMP, WBK PO, D4 Pam 111h, BR03). I had found that list, but as this watch isn't on there I didn't learn much :-)

db - Thanks for the reply. I was planning to send it for the Vac/Chief treatment anyway, just trying to pick up as much info as I could so I start with the best base model, so to speak. It doesn't look like there's much between them, so I went ahead and ordered from Pure TIme. For an extra 20 bucks you can get both strap and bracelet. We'll see what sort of quality they are.

• 2 months later...

Actually I did, and I just got it back from Vac this week. I bought mine from PureTime (bought a few watches from them now, and they seem as good as any), and had a few mods done:

Replacement crystal from Taka (better AR); ETA day/date wheel; Vac lume and a Gunny Pilot strap. The rep bracelet is not stellar.

I'll post pics at some point, but right now I'm just enjoying the watch. I think I got a good base model, and the mods took it to a whole new level. All added up it wasn't cheap, but it's really beautiful, and rep-wise very accurate, as far as I can tell...

HTH

• 7 months later...

Hi Bitmit - welcome to the forum - from my understanding - and I am sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong...most of the watches come from one factory, and then get distributed through the dealers. I know that the Second link you have listed in Joshua's site. He's a trusted dealer and I've used him a couple of times. So here goes my answers to your questions...

1) Probably the same basic watch from all dealers

2) Movement will more than likely need servicing. Most people recommend buying the watch, and if you really like it and it turns into a keeper, send it off to one of the local (local as in RWG local) repairmen to have it serviced.

3) The stock AR is decent, but the AR from Chief is Amazing - you really have to see one in person to understand it, but you can't go wrong with getting AR done..

4) I would go with the bracelet - it's a really good Rep (as long as it's the same as the standard 3717 bracelet) and is really comfortable

As for the lack of reviews - probably mostly due to the fact that it's not as popular os the standard 3717-01

-DB2

What is AR? And who is chief?