When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

This GMT IIc was put for sale for $6k

gtanak

Incorrect handstack. Crown and tube don't look too lolexish

Gd point out on the ICHS, i picked that up too. Here's my reply to his posting... Summarized

The picture is head-on. But solely based on the handstack, this looks nothing like the genuine GMT IIc. Most telling is correct hand stack is Hour,GMT,Minute,Seconds. From TS pic seems like GMT,Hour,Minute,Seconds. This is known as ICHS (Incorrect Hand stack) in the replica watch forums.

Also, as mentioned by bros, the bezel fonts are wrong, esp the 2s are very fat. The GMT needle length is wrong, Genuine GMT needle reaches to the minute markers, TS's pic show GMT needle about 2-3mm shorter. Oh yah, also the most telling, The 'R' of the Rolex rehaut engraving at 9pm should line up with the marker as in the genuine. TS rehaut engraving is off, just like replicas. Genuine pic below for comparison

IMG_1200_1.JPG

Just to qualify my observations. Pls note the serial number on rehaut engraving of a replica GMT IIc below. First few figures match TS's watch exactly "Z754..." and this number never changes...

RX267b3.jpg

Most obvious tell, for me, is the plastic wrapping, which I have never seen on a modern gen Rolex (but I have seen on nearly all rep watches coming out of Asia).

How did i miss that?!? Haha.. that's like a "Made in Guangzhou" trademark haha

If it's your car forum, I would simply ban this joker. It's definitely a rep, and a bad one at that.

Just want to protect my fellow forummers there with what little knowledge i have. Just received an appreciation PM from a guy there who was contemplating buying the watch till he read my reply..

Definitely a rep. I have one just like this... all the IIc's that came out of the same GZ factory have the rehaut coronet slightly past 12, unlike the gen which should be smack on 12.

Same SN as mine too.. Z754008. SCAM!

Edited by pr0digy30