When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

93150 question (flat 3s vs. rounded 3s)

bruce79

Just curious, when did Rolex start stamping the 93150 with the rounded 3 vs. the flat top 3? The 93150 bracelet from my 5.1 has a flat 3 but I just picked up a nice 93150 bracelet from 1996 (V8 clasp code) and it has the rounded 3. Just want to make sure all is good.

So very every and any year of the 93150 bracelet, never was there a round 3 in the 93150? Just want to be sure before I contact the seller. I've been scouring the web since receiving the bracelet and I just want to be sure. I know he will make good on the bracelet, I just want to be 100% sure when I confront him.

:g:

Here's a pic of my rep 93150 (580's are gen):

IMG_4870.jpg

Your end links and clasp look good; the links on yours look correct in terms of shape and how thick the mid links are (reps are usually quite thin in that regard). The stamping looks questionable, however; the reference should be crisp:

IMG_2534.jpg

Very odd.

There was discussion on a round 3 93150 on VRF, but the bracelet featured in that topic looked odd and not typical/consistent with Rolex characteristics. I came away from that thread without conclusion; no one else seemed to have much input on it either.

Not quite sure what to think, as we all know that the best (and worst) thing with Rolex is that there's always a surprise or two to be discovered. If you can swap for an example with a flat 3 ref, I'd go that route. Better to have something certain than undetermined...

Yeah, I'm gonna contact him and just make him aware of my concerns. The seller is quite knowledgeable and is a contributing member of VRF. I must say though, I've owned a quite a few gen Rolex pieces over the past couple of years and this bracelet didn't raise so much as a hair on my eyebrow...until I saw the rounded 3. Sooo...we'll see.

I remember seeing a discussion on VRF, Mulholland said flat top 3's. But then I checked my bracelets and one of my 16800's had a round 3- it's the one that had been serviced in 98-99 and had a new clasp (with lines thru the safety clasp). Then Mark Greenberg put up a bracelet for sale w/ the round 3 shortly thereafter and no one said a thing. Who knows!!

Here are some pics of a few gens with rounded 3s, the last pic being mine. If you look at the spacing of the 9 3 1 5 0 on the gen, the numbers are closer together. The numbers are less elongated on the gen vs. the rep. The rep numbers seem a bit stretched vertically if you will. Please chime in here if you can with comments and/or pics. This is something even the "gen experts" can't figure out. I would love to be able to crack this mystery. Also, something worth noting, the 1st and 3rd gen bracelet pictured have a V clasp code...the 2nd picture is an X serial sub.

IMG_0419.jpg

thebraceletnendlink-round3.jpg

67932401.jpg

Now here are 2 rep bracelets. The first is Ubi's, same as pictured above and the other is a very nice rep I had a couple of years ago on my franken 16800. I found the pic while going through my library. Look at the spacing of the 9 3 1 5 0...it's a bit more spaced apart. And look at the elongated shape of the 3.

IMG_4870.jpg

DSC_0014-7.jpg

Taken from a forum member for reference, hopefully ok, if not let me know.

93150.jpg