When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Did The Pope Say!

gran

I don't see a lot of tolerance there!!! So a few random thoughts here. Extremist in any religion are bad. The harsh reality is that most terrorist are muslim extremist, so I see why some people may get on the band wagon. I mean, America was attacked by Muslim extremist. However, I think most Americans are not anti-muslim, because if they were, they wouldn't have voted Kazer back into the house on Big Brother 6 last year. I mean come on. They had a choice between a devout Muslim, and a Fireman(of all things). :bangin: I felt the love that night. If they (muslim extremist) kill the Pope, who will pay? Does the Vatican have any NUKES? :bleh: This could get ugly. Hopefully all rhetoric. Didn't a muslim extremist try to kill the last Pope, Pope John Paul? Very Interesting!!!!! Maybe all of these extremist, if they had any real guts at all, could all go meet the good guys somewhere, and duke it out, or should I say nuke it out. That's the way John Wayne would have done it. :3a:

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am really disapointed about these comments, because you got it all wrong. If you read the thread completely you'll understand that our topic is not which religion is better. But let's quote from the Holy Bible:

"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife - with the wife of his neighbor - both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads".

Leviticus 20:10;20:11; 20: 13

"Do not allow a sorceress to live."

"Whoever sacrifies to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."

Exodus 22:18, 22:20

I really feel sorry to make these quotations, because I am not a religious person at all. And I know very well that all religions have been violent at some point in the history and the world would be a better place if there were no religions in my opinion. I know that I am a good person who cannot harm the tiniest creature and I didn't need any religious preachings to teach me this.

Basically what I wanna say is (and was last night) that Pope talked like a politician and not like a religious person and it was a mistake and he endangered the lives of many christians living in the arabic countries:

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Christians in the Middle East are growing uneasy over the widespread Muslim anger at Pope Benedict XVI, saying they increasingly worry about growing divisions between the two faiths.

The region's minority Christian communities generally live in peace with their Muslim neighbors, but their relations are often strained and the uproar over the pope has brought some violence - attacks on at least seven churches in the Palestinian territories over the weekend.

"I wish the Catholic pope had considered the reaction to his remarks," the head of the Egypt's Coptic Orthodox Church, Pope Shenouda III, told journalists Sunday.

"Being enthusiastic about one's religion shouldn't lead to judging other peoples' religions. "Criticizing others' faith breeds enmity and divisions."

He knew that would be the reactions and he showed the world how muslims are outrageous. This is not the way to peace and he should have known that.

The reason you feel this is brought about by the religion you follow.....which is a religion of abrogation....subjugation by force and intolerance of any other religion...brought about by an evil warlord 1400+ years ago...who subverted the religion and set in tablets of stone...his legacy...a legacy of murder and territorial conquest....and the presentation of the IMMUTABLE status of Muhammed as the ONLY true prophet.....none before or after can claim to be the same.....what an affront to ALLAH......that a mere prophet can dictate his own status and have it maintained for eternity.

What a hatred?

It is difficult to see how we can do without religion -_- but certainly we can change our religion to suit a global world in a better fashion.....the Buddhist religion might be the better choice beyween the religions we have presently....but I am not sure

120024-21774.jpg

If you are going to change, consider chinese folk religion.

With chinese folk religion, I can eat/not eat anything I want. I don't have to spend 1/7 of my life in church. (no offense, just a fact)

and the most importantly, I don't have to kill others because they believe in something else.

Btw, no gambling, no alcohol, no sex and no meat with Buddhism. Also, no Luxary, i.e. no Watch for you.

We could start a Buddhist Crusade, forcing everyone to convert - Christians, Muslims, Jews, everybody! Even Buddhists will have to convert to Buddhism.

The Pope asks the World:

"Who you Daddy?"

The World responds:

"Lord Buddha!"

The dolphins and whales relax,

The world becomes a better place.

There's the rub......IN THE PAST.....christianity or any of the other Ibrahamic religions have abandoned violence in favour of proselytisation.

that is [censored]. in africa or asia are also ppl who slaughter for jesus.

the thing with the pope's speech was: noone really listens to what he sais, because noone cares. then some ppl take stuff out of context and flags start to burn on iraks streets.

@Slayer......where do you pull these facts from.......NOBODY in Asia or Africa i skilling innocents in the name of Christendom......massacres are taking place because of territorial / warlord disputes.

Show me any Christian fundamentalists that are comitting genocide.....go back to serving drinks behind your bar...and have another few yourself......

I am really disapointed about these comments, because you got it all wrong. If you read the thread completely you'll understand that our topic is not which religion is better. But let's quote from the Holy Bible:

I don't think I got anything wrong........and I never made any comment about any religion being better.

"If a man commits adultery with another man's wife - with the wife of his neighbor - both the adulterer and the adulteress must be put to death."

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads".

Leviticus 20:10;20:11; 20: 13

That's all very well......but no Christian condones or practices that today......but Muslims reserve the right to continue this type of practice....!

"Do not allow a sorceress to live."

"Whoever sacrifies to any god other than the Lord must be destroyed."

Exodus 22:18, 22:20

Once again....you will find no Christian who will 'destroy' another because of these quotations......they simply do not apply in modern Christianity.....they reflect a time when those practices were acceptable.....Christians have moved on from those times.....Muslims have not.....!

I really feel sorry to make these quotations, because I am not a religious person at all. And I know very well that all religions have been violent at some point in the history and the world would be a better place if there were no religions in my opinion. I know that I am a good person who cannot harm the tiniest creature and I didn't need any religious preachings to teach me this.

Making use of thes quotations has no relevance to todays world and the stance that Islamic fundamentalists are taking....and whilst I accept that you may be a good person.....your stance regarding Islam.. from someone who made the statement..."you are talking to a Muslim girl'....now you make the statement that you are not religious......so what are you....Muslim or irreligious.....because if the latter....then you are not Muslim....therefore you are apostate and that is regarded in the Koran as being no better ..in fact worse than an infidel.....you can't plead the religion card both ways.....!

Basically what I wanna say is (and was last night) that Pope talked like a politician and not like a religious person and it was a mistake and he endangered the lives of many christians living in the arabic countries:

The Pope is not a politician.....he's a theologian and professor.......he quoted a Byzantine Emperor's words.......and the whole of Islam flew into a violent rage......confirming exactly what he said.....that Islam is a violent religion.......we have free speech....Islam does not allow free speech......it's a religion of opression.....you cannot question Muhammed nor the Koran....it's IMMUTABLE.......it does not allow adaptation.....progression......or radical thought that goes against the teachings of Muhammed.

CAIRO, Egypt (AP) -- Christians in the Middle East are growing uneasy over the widespread Muslim anger at Pope Benedict XVI, saying they increasingly worry about growing divisions between the two faiths.

There is nothing NEW in Christians feeling uneasy about this.....Muslims have shown their propensity for violence .....by fire-bombing Christian churches......you DO NOT see Christians burning mosques at this time....do you.....do you not feel that Christians should be able to reciprocate and demonstrate the same level of intolerance to Muslims who call for the death of the Pope.

The region's minority Christian communities generally live in peace with their Muslim neighbors, but their relations are often strained and the uproar over the pope has brought some violence - attacks on at least seven churches in the Palestinian territories over the weekend.

Once again a clear demonstration of the evils of Islamic teachings.....intolerance and violence.

"I wish the Catholic pope had considered the reaction to his remarks," the head of the Egypt's Coptic Orthodox Church, Pope Shenouda III, told journalists Sunday.

What he really means is...."I wish the Papa hadn't said what he did....because it'll get all these Islamic idiots all fired up again.....and we're gonna lose a few churches...!

"Being enthusiastic about one's religion shouldn't lead to judging other peoples' religions. "Criticizing others' faith breeds enmity and divisions."

Tell it to the Muslims......!

He knew that would be the reactions and he showed the world how muslims are outrageous. This is not the way to peace and he should have known that.

And of course Ahmedinijan and other Islamic leaders should know that remarks about the Holocaust and the eradication of Israel..along with sentiments about the promotion of Islam...would produce a reaction also.....but we're not entitled to citicise.......you can't have it both ways ...dearie....!

As a Muslim girl...( and I suspect that you are quite young )..you need to learn more about your religion.....it's foundations.....it's founder......and it's doctrine......it seems to me that you are an apostate who really doesn't know a great deal about it........and who has probably just accepted it in blind faith.......!

Edited by TTK

"That's all very well......but no Christian condones or practices that today......but Muslims reserve the right to continue this type of practice....!"

So why can't you just believe that no muslims in my country practice these rules ?

"Once again....you will find no Christian who will 'destroy' another because of these quotations......they simply do not apply in modern Christianity.....they reflect a time when those practices were acceptable.....Christians have moved on from those times.....Muslims have not.....!"

It's all prejudice, what can I say, come and see.

"The Pope is not a politician.....he's a theologian and professor......."

Yet he is ready to pull the trigger, and who's gonna be happy if there is war between USA and Iran, me? And you are wrong again to compare a theology professor to islamic terrorist. It's a matter of choice. We have theology professors too and I've never heard them saying a bad word for christians.

"..."you are talking to a Muslim girl'....now you make the statement that you are not religious......so what are you....Muslim or irreligious....."

Islam is not the synonyme of Islamism. We are living in a democratic state, like you. Turkey is not ruled by ıslamic rules.

"What he really means is...."I wish the Papa hadn't said what he did....because it'll get all these Islamic idiots all fired up again.....and we're gonna lose a few churches...!"

Yeah, I think you are ready to sacrifices those christians living in arabic countries just to prove that you're right.

"And of course Ahmedinijan and other Islamic leaders should know that remarks about the Holocaust and the eradication of Israel..along with sentiments about the promotion of Islam...would produce a reaction also.....but we're not entitled to citicise.......you can't have it both ways ...dearie....!"

I am not really sure what side Ahmedinejad is on... Understand? If I'm not mistaken, Usama Bin Ladin was business partner with Bush's brother once or something like this.......

"As a Muslim girl...( and I suspect that you are quite young )..you need to learn more about your religion.....it's foundations.....it's founder......and it's doctrine......it seems to me that you are an apostate who really doesn't know a great deal about it........and who has probably just accepted it in blind faith.......!"

Why ? Because I'm making fun of it? and blind faith ... you should look at the mirror once in a while.

Edited by blancheunal

You don't seem capable of making any sense.....!

"That's all very well......but no Christian condones or practices that today......but Muslims reserve the right to continue this type of practice....!"

So why can't you just believe that no muslims in my country practice these rules ?

I don't think you can confidently speak on behalf of all Muslims in your country.....Muslims in Turkey have an atrocious record of terrorism....the fact that your government washes over the atrocities perpetrated on Christian Armenians by the Young Turks.....doesn't offer any credence on your statement....Muslims are just as fanatical in your country as any others....!

This is not a dispute about Turkey......it's about the dogma of Islam....a dogma which is well documented.

"Once again....you will find no Christian who will 'destroy' another because of these quotations......they simply do not apply in modern Christianity.....they reflect a time when those practices were acceptable.....Christians have moved on from those times.....Muslims have not.....!"

It's all prejudice, what can I say, come and see.

Yes I agree....it's about the prejudices practised by Islamic fundamentalists.......you know....if Muslims just quietly went about their business without f***ng about with everyone else.....nobody would pay them a blind bit of notice.......look at Buddhists...if ever a religion was less controversial...that's it...show me Buddhist fundamentalists who are blowing up people all over the world....suicide Buddhists don't exist....they don't cut innocent people's heads off......the truth of the matter is that no matter where you go in the world......you will find Muslims responsible for most of the terror......Muslims in China....Muslims in Indonesia....Muslims in Malaysia.....Muslims in Chechnya.....Muslims in the Phillipines......Muslims in the UK....Muslims in the USA....Muslims in Iraq......killing everyone who won't subscribe to their TRUE religion....Islam......everywhere...all you hear is Islam....and Alluha Akhbar........IF THE SHOE FITS....WEAR IT........ye reap what ye sow.......!

"Islamic dehumanization of non-Muslims results in people innocently taking a tube in London, a train in Madrid, a plane in Washington, a bus in Jerusalem, or going to the theater in Moscow or a school in Beslan, to be wantonly murdered with nary a Muslim afterthought. Indeed videos like the beheadings of American civilians or mutilating their corpses invokes excitement, pleasure, and celebration in the Arab world, where they are replayed over and over to a DEMANDING audience."

The truth of the matter is that I will voice my opinion.....and my opinion reflects what a large number of Westerners feel....the world would be a better place without Muslims and Islam.....it's just that political correctness has got them shtummed.......well I'm not PC......and I'll voice my opinion....as I see fit.

"..."you are talking to a Muslim girl'....now you make the statement that you are not religious......so what are you....Muslim or irreligious....."

Islam is not the synonyme of Islamism. We are living in a democratic state, like you. Turkey is not ruled by ıslamic rules.

Once again I haven't mentioned Turkey....your defence of your country is commendable but totally at odds with the discussion..this is not about Turkey...unless of course YOU wish to make Islam synonymous with Turkey.......so what faith do you practice....are you a "Muslim girl"....or are you 'not religious"..?

I am not really sure what side Ahmedinejad is on... Understand? If I'm not mistaken, Usama Bin Ladin was business partner with Bush's brother once or something like this......!

Of course you're not sure.....that's your lack of experience that puts you in this state of confusion......if you haven't realised by now that Avehadmedinnerdad.....is simply a mouthpiece for Islamic clerics who really run Iran.....then you need to get out more.

Why ? Because I'm making fun of it? and blind faith ... you should look at the mirror once in a while.

I don't see you making ANY fun of it......as for faith......I'm blessed in that I don't suffer from that affliction......it allows me an unbiased and logical approach to religion.....and it's control mechanisms....... in all it's forms......!

To quote a friend of mine...!

"Islam is a religion in which God requires you to send your son to die for him."

"Christianity is a faith in which God sent his Son to die for you."

Edited by TTK

I am not capable of making any sense?

I'm sure there are people here who understand very well what you say and what I say and whose words are dogmatic and whose are not.

You just understand what you wanna understand and drop the rest.

With this fanaticsm, I think you would be suicide bomber if you would be islamist.

or wouldn't let muslims enter rwg either, I guess.

You just understand what you wanna understand and drop the rest.

With this fanaticsm, I think you would be suicide bomber if you would be islamist.

Now your immaturity is showing.....stick to collecting watches.....religious theosophy is obviously not your forte.....!

So...what are you Muslim ( Moslem )......or not religious......you seemed happy to state that you were both in your earlier posts.....now you seem shy about it.

You like to quarrel, don't you :D:D:D

You don't make any sense to me either, all conflicting. You say that you don't compare religions, not a religion is better than the other and then you quote from your friend.

You say that Christians do not practice old religious rules and christians have modernized and adapted them but muslims cannot do it ? Why?

If somebody asks me my religion I say I am a Muslim, but do I practice? No. Noone around me does. Because it is not possible, do all the christians go to church every sunday? No. Like this. I say I am a muslim because it becomes a part of your culture. It is up to you (christian and muslims) how to interpret religion.

Once again not all muslims are islamist. You try to put me in a frame but you cannot and I never ever said that islamists are not causing trouble. You try to lead the conversation to some other things. Religious fanatics always cause troubles, here or there. All religions have bloody histories.

And you always ask me about myself but you don't introduce yourself?

Edited by blancheunal