When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project wrap up; Rolex 5514

Sorry for the late reply, gang; haven't had the opportunity to log in for a few days, so I'm just catching up.

Thanks again for the kind comments! Been wearing this one for the past week or so while travelling, and it has been the perfect companion!

Now time to focus on the next project... And I have a few others that could use some finishing as well (this one included). All in due time, I suppose ^_^

All the best!

//ubi

Stilty, it might be that the misalignment might have been "OK" with management as the Tudor, after all, is part of their "budget" line! :rofl: I guess that's why I have really started liking Tudors in general...

Thanks, Lani!

Gotta say... This project was a test of patience (and wallet) for sure. Lots of obstacles, but turned out well in the end ^_^

Great to see you back, buddy! Hope you'll be spending a little more time with us now that you've got your computer back up and running...

Cheers!

//ubi

Yes, very nice touch! And as per your inspiration, I did the same thing. My custom serial is of my children's birthdays.

Might as well make it personal. No point in stealing serials off the web.

but your engravings look much nicer then mine!

Great idea Ubi and Stilty. This is priceless

• 1 year later...

Looks great Ubi. Wait, maybe I need to read this post line by line, is that patina natural on the dial and hands? This is EXACTLY what I'm building. One question though, does anyone have the part number for the crystal gaskets? both for retainer and crystal. I thought I saw those in a post but cannot find them

Great point for and of reference. Thanks for sharing man.

E

Ephry,

The dial is natural patina; hands were relumed by the Zigmeister; the amazing thing is that he lumed the hands without seeing the dial smile.gif

I need to find a good matching set of tritium hands one of these days, but the hands as-is are a good match to the dial markers (and since they glow brightly at night the luminova is nice and functional as well).

Build list as of current:

-Genuine Rolex 1520, serviced and overhauled by The Zigmeister.
-Genuine Rolex 5513 dial; original and untouched.
-Genuine Rolex 5513 Submariner Lumi hands, relumed in a vintage tone by The Zigmeister.
-Genuine 25-19 crystal.
-Genuine thick font tritium insert.
-Genuine bezel.
-Genuine 702 crown
-Genuine 7020 tube
-Phong case/caseback
-Genuine 23-12200 2mm rolex springbars.
-Genuine 580 end links
-Genuine 78360 bracelet links
-Genuine 93150 clasp

Cheers and best,

//ubi