When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Dolphin Massacre In Japan

Dani

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is not the same as trying to hunt at the open sea..

I don't say that it is right to hunt dolphins at the open sea, but THIS was a massacre.

Human nature....

It's called cost efficiency (check business 101.)

It's the same as how McDonald kills chicken for your children's favorite chicken nuggets.

You just don't get to see the killing process. Unless you are a vegetarian, otherwise I don't think you have much right to complain about it. Or if you want to pay $50 for chicken nuggets? I am sure they will treat the chicken very nicely and kill them in a more humane way.

Why is it OK to kill whales but not dolphins.....same family......!

Petitions won't change anything....but stop buying Sony/Panasonic/Hitachi and Toyota/ Honda/Mitsubishi etc etc...and your voice WILL surely be heard....!

You got a good point there Neil :) I do not have a firm logical reason for not wanting to kill dolphins. I just feel very uneasy about killing dolphins beacause i like them so much. Same reason as I would feel unease about killing a friends pet or a fellow human being.

I feel therefore I am.

I certainly found that video to be disgusting, but since I am not a vegan, I am not sure that I can reasonably point an accusing finger.

We like dolphins - nobody wants to see Flipper murdered, but cows are considered sacred to Hindus. Imagine their revulsion if they could see what goes on with beef.

Carnivorous life invariably means death, and death is gruesome - especially if it is efficient.

Crabs and lobsters are boiled alive, fish are often filetted dockside while they are still living, and dolphins are massacred . . . but none of that compares to what human beings have done to other human beings.

Can you imagine how the world stood by and allowed the Japanese to perpetrate the horrors they dealt to the Chinese and Koreans . . . can you say, "vivesection?" Sure, I knew you could, and what a [censored]in ugly day in the neighborhood that was. Our grandparents must have had no conscience to allow that.

How about Nazi Germany? Can you imagine how the world stood by for the horrors they perpetrated on their non-Arryan brethren? What kind of people were our parents to have allowed that to go on?

Personally, I don't know anything about what has gone on, and continues to go on, in places like Darfur, Kosovo, Khartoum, Somalia, Rawanda . . . or at least that's what I'll have to tell my children.

Bill

Whilst it still is no excuse.....at least cattle...fowl...and fish are 'farmed' for their meat......cattle are killed 'humanely'....if you can call a bolt thru' the skull 'humane'......I think the disgusting thing here is the cruelty that is inflicted on what we perceive as a mammal which is so close to humans.....and trusting of us.....if it were great apes that were being slaughtered in teh same fashion...there would and should be an outcry.

I sometimes think that humans should be extinct instead of animals :( this would be far better for the world

Everything eventually connects.

And when it does - we'll have eliminated ourseleves (and our species) pretty much from the picture.

The scattered pockets of those who remain are going to find themselves knocked all the way back into the stone-age.

Not a value judgement, just a lucid, empirical observation - and I sincercely hope I'm wrong.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT: Prior to dolphins and porpoises used for the entertainment purposes of TV shows, water shows and the like, we humans never gave a humane thought about these intelligent animals being killed for food. Now the world has a conscious guilt of cruelty against killings of "flipper."

Its unfortunate that the Dall's porpoise shown being slaughtered (not a dolphin but of the same cetacean family) is not an endangered species or else more international government pressure could be used, but that hasn't stopped Japan from doing yearly "scientific" hunts of whales and Norway from still conducting commercial whaling against an IWC ban. In nature "herding" of groups, trusting or non-trusting and then wholesale slaughtering is well, just that, natural, cruelty is not a factor.

Dolphins and porpoises use sonar to herd schools of fish to eat, but humans believe we have evolved above nature to have consciousness of cruelty and will step out of the food chain in the process of self-rightousness. In reality, we humans are just more efficient at killing than other natural predators and have the responsibility of conserving the resources, thus we ban killing or we farm animals for our needs (its more "humane.")

Japanese culture revolves around consuming seafood, sea mammals, etc. and changing that culture will come with time or forced time from overhunting. Then it won't stop, you might see them "farming" porpoises for consumption against international protest.

But if you've ever toured a cattle "slaughterhouse" in person, there really is no difference. We humans are a funny lot in our rationalizations.

I took my eldest daughter with me hunting moose the year before last :) but after that she has had increasing intrerest in becoming a vegetarian. In fact she now only eats chicken and fish and no beef (and no pork) and no interest in game.

I think it is a fine thing to be a vegetarian but should I tell my daughter that chickens and fish are the animals that are being treated in the worst possible fashion and maybe suffer more than any other before ending up on our table?

Whilst it still is no excuse.....at least cattle...fowl...and fish are 'farmed' for their meat......cattle are killed 'humanely'....if you can call a bolt thru' the skull 'humane'......I think the disgusting thing here is the cruelty that is inflicted on what we perceive as a mammal which is so close to humans.....and trusting of us.....if it were great apes that were being slaughtered in teh same fashion...there would and should be an outcry.

that's right, I think we lose a part of our humanity especially if we have an emotional connection to the killed animal, and we become more and more indifferent to the pain of others, it is all interwined, I personally don't believe that these butchers or whatever they are become affectionate fathers or husbands as soon as they step the treshold of their house, after doing such an inhuman job.

I sometimes think that humans should be extinct instead of animals :( this would be far better for the world

are you really from turkey?

My point of view regarding this is, that those japs on the videos should be slaughtered with their families along in the same way. Stab their kids in the ribs, because a father never abandons his child, then take the father and cut his throad open to let him bleed out slowly.

I mean, we kill cows, too, but we kill them in a humane way. We dont slice them into pieces while still being alive. And the cows' intelligence is nowhere near the dolphins'!

Wake up! The world is cruel.

The video is disgusting. It looks like a Nanking Massacre in the dolphine's world.

But why is it okay to kill and eat cow, pig, chicken... but not dolphins?

it's the way they kill those dolphins!

cows are killed in a somewhat "humane" way. they dont stab one cow, because they know that cows never abandon another cow within their group. And they dont cut cows open to let 'em bleed out.

Also cows are not smart animals. Dolhins are the smartest creatures after humans. Dolphins have feelings like we do, you can say they have a soul. Dolphins dont run for their life like cowards when they see danger, they try to protect/help fellow dolphins, even if it means death to them. They are like us, never leave an injured soldier alone on the battlefield!

Where does your mother live?

in germany. she was raised here.

Dolhins are the smartest creatures after humans. Dolphins have feelings like we do, you can say they have a soul. Dolphins dont run for their life like cowards when they see danger, they try to protect/help fellow dolphins, even if it means death to them. They are like us, never leave an injured soldier alone on the battlefield!

even better than us!

"Dear Friends, please sign this petition ITS NEW> 4 SERBIAN ABANDONED ANIMALS!

SIGN THE PETITION!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/417131394

The situation in Serbia is terrible, in all Serbian towns there are flayer services to the communal service, who are engaged in capturing and killing lost or stray dogs and cats, in collaboration with the veterinary service and breaking the law.They charge this terrible "service" 50 euros for each corpse ( per killed dogs or cats). This behavior is punishable under article 269. of the Criminal Code of Serbia with up to 3 years of imprisonment.

We , The Society friends of Animals "Friend" and The Society for protect and welfare of animals"Arka" , collected the documents and material proofs confirming those criminal abuses and gave them to almost all local prosecutors in Serbia. There was no reply.

In spite of all our efforts , in spite of thousands of letters sent to the responsible institutions on the local and republican levels, nothing changed: in Serbia , thousands of dogs and cats are killed on a regular basis,and that crime is even paid for with the money of tax payers.

Slavica Mazak Beslic

The Society friends of Animals

Subotica, Serbia

SIGN THE PETITION!

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/417131394

"

Edited by blancheunal