When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen?

Nicke

For me WM9 because of the CG's that are a bit too long, the pearl which on the last picture looks odd and the lenght of the endlinks (even though it depends on the angle: on the last one, they look wrong but not on the second one).

Anyhow, if this baby is gen, that proves that even what we think are defects on WM9 are not all the time founded. If this is WM9, it tricks so many people normally used to know the tip offs signs that you know you chose the right one! :drinks:

For me WM9 because of the CG's that are a bit too long, the pearl which on the last picture looks odd and the lenght of the endlinks (even though it depends on the angle: on the last one, they look wrong but not on the second one).

Anyhow, if this baby is gen, that proves that even what we think are defects on WM9 are not all the time founded. If this is WM9, it tricks so many people normally used to know the tip offs signs that you know you chose the right one! :drinks:

Well said. Either outcome, no reason to buy a gen.

Biggest tell for me is the crown sits too close to the case, its marginal nitpicking at best but hey, its there on the v3.

I'm not an expert at all! But if I had to geuss, I'd say replica. I think it's a replica because the O in Rolex is a little high... and the D in Date is a very little bit wonky! But still I love the two-tone submariner so I'd buy one!

Please say if it's a replica or the genuine!

I would say v3.

WM9 is so good, it's almost impossible to tell... but the SEL recess and fit doesn't look exactly like the gen.

Here's my gen 16710... all sports Rollies from this era have this type of SEL recess. On most reps the SEL edges are on par with the lug height (or even above the lugs) which looks dead wrong.

IMG_3175.jpg

3.jpg

Only WM9 v1 was able to execute it correctly. All reps (even WM9) have certain kind of sloppiness in the SEL fitting (small gaps on both sides, etc). Gen is machined with the highest of tolerances.

99900702.jpg