When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rest in peace my beautiful

concepta

As many of you guys know i have been absent for a while because my mother in law has been passing because of cancer.

I tell you guys that are smoking..just a look of her would have made all of you quit cigarettes for good!

Lung cancer is a horrific cancer form and something that you would not even wish upon your worst enemy!

I just want to say thanks for all support and for the understanding that business with me during the past months have been slow from my side.

I will try to speed up and finalize all projects this coming week!

Rest in peace my beautiful!

Concepta i wish you and your wife all the strength you need in this difficult period.

About the smoking i have to agree with you. I smoked 2 packs and was diagnosed with cancer December 2007 .

I don't know if there is a direct link between the smoking and the cancer but one thing is for sure it isn't healthy.

I saw people coming in and out of the MRI and CT scan area with oxygen tanks attached to there wheel chairs.

It's better to quit that's for shure.

Carpe Diem

Cats

Concepta i wish you and your wife all the strength you need in this difficult period.

About the smoking i have to agree with you. I smoked 2 packs and was diagnosed with cancer December 2007 .

I don't know if there is a direct link between the smoking and the cancer but one thing is for sure it isn't healthy.

I saw people coming in and out of the MRI and CT scan area with oxygen tanks attached to there wheel chairs.

It's better to quit that's for shure.

Carpe Diem

Cats

It's difficult to prove, but (I think) studies have shown that people who smoke have a much higher incidence of lung cancer. The fact the tobacco companies get away with addicting people is criminal, but that's for another day. I hope you will be ok, fingers crossed.

Hi N. Thank you for sharing your personal grief with us. I hope you and your family are coping as best as possible through this hard time.

Thoughts and prayers with you.

ATB.

Every blessing to you and your wife in this difficult time.

Don't push yourself with work but take time to heal your heart as well as soul.

One trap with long illnesses is you can find yourself remembering the loved one as an invalid, you therefore need to try and remember the good times and cherish those thoughts.

Ken

That's a terrible tragedy. Yes lung cancer is an awful disease. My father-in-law was a 3 pack a day smoker for most of his adult life. He was a seat of the pants, high wire walking Greek who lived everything he did to the maximum including, unfortunately, tobacco and alcohol. He was diagnosed with small cell lung cancer and passed 18 months later. We were blessed that he regained his strength just long enough to visit Athens with his children one last time. He died at home in the middle of the night with family at his side, holding his hands and praying for him. It was very gut wrenching. I adored him. He was a very personable guy and he always knew how to have a good time with you. My wife and I lived through it only with ample love and support for one another. Hold on to eachother...it's so important now.

My sympathies

CK

Concepta, my heart goes out to you and your family during this hard time.

Peace be with you and may I offer the following.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,

I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow,

I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain,

I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,

I am in the graceful rush

Of beautiful birds in circling flight,

I am the starshine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom,

I am in a quiet room.