When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Guest rg21044

I love cars. Probably more than watches...but it's a horse race.

to keep it short, let's just look at the last 5 years (8/2010-present)...

1) 2005 Hummer 3 SUV black

2) 1996 Corvette red

3) 2006 Mercedes CLS500 bronze w/ peanut butter leather...God, I miss that car

4) (here is when the kids start coming) 2007 Jeep Commander green

5) (but I rage against the dying of the light) 2007 BMW 335i w/ COBB tune....my Lord that was a quick little car...green

6) (the family wins) 2012 Honda Pilot black

• 2 weeks later...

I have driven a wide and varied number of things and as I type this I am reminded of just some of them..

I always remember my dad telling me that he could drive a coach and horses through a gap but to be honest I never saw him with any coaches in his garage let alone a horse or two... After I learnt to drive...I found that I could drive a bus through those gaps my dad would speak of.... I would often drive my dad around and then drop him off and drive away... then I would drive back to him again.... he never really liked it when I would drive off... and I would drive him up the wall when I did... he would often tell me I was driving him round the twist.... unlike my mum who I often drove to despair.. and on some occasions I would drive her to drink.... but my sister would always tell me that I drove her around the bend....and often I would drive her to distraction... so much so that I would drive over her feelings..... it almost made me drive myself to drink ... but that would mean I spent too much time having to drive the porcelain bus.... my gran would go on and on to drive home her point that I drove my grand dad to an early grave.... but she went on so much I would try to drive her into the ground.... When I would go out shopping with my mates they would always moan that I would drive a hard bargain....and that I would drive some of them nuts.... I was even accused of driving the price up.... and I certainly would drive some shop assistants up the wall.... my friends would say I was driving a wedge between them .... and indeed I did drive some of them over the edge.... but as my life went on I Iearnt to never drive back.... though on occasion I did drive crazy ... at other times I would drive batty.... but most of the time I would drive safely.... it was hectic I almost thought I would drive myself out of my mind..... though I can say I would never drive back ... nor drive into... indeed I would never drive down.... I also now find myself as I type driving home my point that I seem to be quite a driven person...!!!

Edited by PeteM

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Porsche Cayenne GTS 2012

BMW 535i 2010 

.... gas is cheap in Dubai so lets burn some of it ...

If I may ask, how are the car prices in Dubai? Sometimes I see some really awesome cars for sale from Dubai owners, but I think it isn't correct. I saw an Jaguar F Type for like 25k. That car goes for 80k over here.... I assume there is something wrong but if car prices are that much lower than here I might import one or two :p  

If I may ask, how are the car prices in Dubai? Sometimes I see some really awesome cars for sale from Dubai owners, but I think it isn't correct. I saw an Jaguar F Type for like 25k. That car goes for 80k over here.... I assume there is something wrong but if car prices are that much lower than here I might import one or two :p  

Car Prices are decent here in Dubai ... only 5% import Duty ... what you can do is get the cars officially tested here from some good workshops ... i can help if you want to ... 

• Like 1

Car Prices are decent here in Dubai ... only 5% import Duty ... what you can do is get the cars officially tested here from some good workshops ... i can help if you want to ... 

Thanks for the reply. I'm sorting things out with the shipping from Dubai to the Netherlands.. To test a car at an official workshop sounds like a good plan. Will PM you when I pull the trigger on buying from Dubai, thank you kindly in advance! 

Do you perhaps know any good websites where people sell their (sport)cars? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm daily driving a car that has no power steering, no traction control, no power brakes and no computer assist anywhere aside from the first year Bosch motronic fuel injection. I've been riding this animal for a few years daily now after a full restoration. Yes, it's loud, has no Bluetooth, no power locks, no decent AC, only manual seats, no back seats, no air bags... And no it's not a tractor! And yes it drives like an angry bat outta hell! Life is short, have a little fun!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Half a story! What's your daily driver??!

It's a lovingly restored widebody Carrera. It's actually not a car, it's like a horse with a distinctly strong personality. If I'm good to it, it won't throw me off the saddle. If I mistreat it, it will kill me. It makes the daily drive my favorite part of every day :)

• Like 2