When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

It's a lovingly restored widebody Carrera. It's actually not a car, it's like a horse with a distinctly strong personality. If I'm good to it, it won't throw me off the saddle. If I mistreat it, it will kill me. It makes the daily drive my favorite part of every day :)

I like that ;-)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really? If it's true I'll try! I'm sort of serious because I'm 23, I work hard, I am English, Italian and spanish mothertongue (kind of rare) and I have studied aeronautics but I don't see any wealth in my future. Speaking many languages is revealing useless even though I work hard and they appreciate it, I sistematically get underpaid. What would you guys do in my place? I know I'm off topic, I'm sorry

Hard work and offshore investments. Hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I drive an alfa 159,  but where do you guys get the money to buy mercedes etc :cry2:

/uploads/monthly_2015_12/IMG_0132.jpg.bcc0a7eeb69b71fb352247aedae0082d.jpg" rel="external nofollow">IMG_0132.thumb.jpg.d5db229e69b46d4917cca9d46250d93c.jpg

Com'on, letting apart that sad aftermarket flap, that one is a great car :)

EDIT: you are 23, have a 159 and it is not enough? Com'on!!!! That is a car that here in Italy is got from people that works from 20 years...

That car actually is in Italy, I live there 50% of the time! I inherited the car years ago and now I am selling it because I can't afford insurance ect...

I have tried with those companies but unfortunately, due to the crisis they are not hiring new people. I am now working in a bar for 700€, 13 hours a day in the Canary Islands. I feel desperate :(

Com'on, letting apart that sad aftermarket flap, that one is a great car :)

EDIT: you are 23, have a 159 and it is not enough? Com'on!!!! That is a car that here in Italy is got from people that works from 20 years...

I'm sorry but you don't sound like an alfista! ahahah just joking, anyway it is not an aftermarket flap. It is a genuine alfaromeo flap, available in the official accessories and came from the factory with the spoiler. :)

• Like 1

That car actually is in Italy, I live there 50% of the time! I inherited the car years ago and now I am selling it because I can't afford insurance ect...

I have tried with those companies but unfortunately, due to the crisis they are not hiring new people. I am now working in a bar for 700€, 13 hours a day in the Canary Islands. I feel desperate

I'm sorry but you don't sound like an alfista! ahahah just joking, anyway it is not an aftermarket flap. It is a genuine alfaromeo flap, available in the official accessories and came from the factory with the spoiler.

At 23yo it is a normal salary here too (sono di Varese) unless you are so lucky to find a "real" long term job.

And the working situation is messy even for experienced people with highly specialized knowledge, and responsibilities, like myself :)

I have a 200kkm Alfa 156, still a great car with a fantastic frame and suspensions.

Only modifications are 17' wheel, a modification to EGR valve, eibach springs and the official Alfa "minigonne" (don't know the English word...).

Those cars are amazing with no flaps in my view: they are both sporty and elegant and I let those stuff to the so called "tuners" (car destroyers in my eyes).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I had a Alfa 156 many years ago. It was a great car; it had character and broke down in a loving way that only Alfa's seem to do! 

Currently im driving a 2004 VW Passat. It's a work horse and does what I need it to do: no glamour but just keeps on doing it's thing. Over 250k (KM's) on the clock and still going strong. Being the estate/station wagon it really does get used. I don't know why I just love it, it's relaxing to drive, talks to me with its squeaks and rattles and seems less thirsty than I am!

I have a few cars here too, all layed up at the moment until I can find some funds to recommission them. Notably a Subaru Impreza, a VW beach (dune) buggy and a Vauxhal (Opel/GM/Chevrolet) Frontera 4x4. All great cars (IMHO!) 

6 hours ago, imajedi said:

Holy mother of god I heard those things are AWESOME!!! You like A?

Absolutely mate, absolutely. 

In race mode, she's 940bhp/1250Nm.. does the 0-62 in 2.5sec. Whats there not to like except the gas consumption? :lol:

Holy mother of god I heard those things are AWESOME!!! You like A?

In race mode, she's 940bhp/1250Nm.. does the 0-62 in 2.5sec. Whats there not to like except the gas consumption? :lol:

Oil fell below $27 a barrel today you lucky bastard. :-). Driving that thing is getting cheaper by the day.

Very jealous. Enjoy and be careful....but not too careful.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, imajedi said:

Oil fell below $27 a barrel today you lucky bastard. :-). Driving that thing is getting cheaper by the day.

Ah yes, it makes it slightly cheaper to punt it around indeed, haha.

But the falling oil price did affect the Asian economy rather adversely...

Ah yes, it makes it slightly cheaper to punt it around indeed, haha.

But the falling oil price did affect the Asian economy rather adversely...

Affecting everyone. We're loosing 300 pnts a day on the Dow.

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the reply. I'm sorting things out with the shipping from Dubai to the Netherlands.. To test a car at an official workshop sounds like a good plan. Will PM you when I pull the trigger on buying from Dubai, thank you kindly in advance! 

Do you perhaps know any good websites where people sell their (sport)cars? 

Chk out a site called dubizzle.com quite huge on cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk