When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

On 7/25/2016 at 7:14 PM, Mike on a bike said:

Believe it I fit fine, it's two seats and an engine in back over drive wheels all cabin. (three cylinder motor cycle engine I'm told)

nice!!

I drive the electric version of it. Well my lease it almost over but believe you me, I wont miss it at all!

9 hours ago, eunomians said:

Welcome to the club, Ubi! emoji41.png

Thank you! Been thinking of a 911 for a while... The timing just seemed right.

The decision came down to a 997.2 and an early 991.1; ultimately went with the 997.2, keeping with a more analog experience but with the reliability of the 9A1 and I also wanted PDK. Plus, I can fit the kids in the back seat  :)

Thank you! Been thinking of a 911 for a while... The timing just seemed right.

The decision came down to a 997.2 and an early 991.1; ultimately went with the 997.2, keeping with a more analog experience but with the reliability of the 9A1 and I also wanted PDK. Plus, I can fit the kids in the back seat 

Excellent choice! Coming from a maniac watch collector, the 997 has perfect proportions!

It's amazing how it can be used daily, trunk space, rear seats in a pinch (or for kids)... It's the perfect daily driver. And yes, the saying is somewhat of a cliché but life is toooo short to drive a boring car

It won't be your last (or only) 911!

Cheers ol' pal

9cc27e1c159a64cc3c487f063f77aa98.jpg

The old Lava matched the gauges!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent choice! Coming from a maniac watch collector, the 997 has perfect proportions!

It's amazing how it can be used daily, trunk space, rear seats in a pinch (or for kids)... It's the perfect daily driver. And yes, the saying is somewhat of a cliché but life is toooo short to drive a boring car

It won't be your last (or only) 911!

Cheers ol' pal

9cc27e1c159a64cc3c487f063f77aa98.jpg

The old Lava matched the gauges!

Your dials need to be centered!!!

Envoyé de mon SM-G935F en utilisant Tapatalk

200,000 on that engine is just nicely run in. Keep on top of the maintenance and you can drive it indefinitely.

Mine is the 3.2 so it cooked the engine wiring. I've just finished a top end rebuild and new wiring. At Euro 2000 in parts it was more than the value of the car, but I don't care as I'm not selling.

• Like 1

100,000 miles before it's back to zero. How many times has it gone around Minty? 

I always thought the red was a repaint at some time, but it looks like the original paint on the dash. Was it something interesting like an airport fire truck once?

Nope this is Poppy Red, one of the original colors from the early 60s, with Limestone wheels and top.

How many times has it gone around? In 54 years? If it did 6,000 miles in a year that would be three times. I've personally done 65,000 miles in it so at least three. Maybe four?

7214791e87437ebba76f89fb10ea9af8.jpg

• Like 2

Tell me about it, Euno. I was driving down for a mtn bike ride tonight and our road is pretty bad :ph34r: right now. I hit a pothole pretty hard and she quit charging. Pulled over, took a quick look, the Field wire was knocked off the generator. I re-crimped the spade terminal with my Leatherman and slipped it back on its post... problem solved. :tu: of course I left another square inch of skin on my exhaust manifold, again! You'd think I'd learn.

• Like 1

Tell me about it, Euno. I was driving down for a mtn bike ride tonight and our road is pretty bad right now. I hit a pothole pretty hard and she quit charging. Pulled over, took a quick look, the Field wire was knocked off the generator. I re-crimped the spade terminal with my Leatherman and slipped it back on its post... problem solved. :tu: of course I left another square inch of skin on my exhaust manifold, again! You'd think I'd learn.

Keep on trucking! Love it. Not that you left more DNA in the bay, but because these vehicles were meant to just go. Nowadays without a computer most cars will just be dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...