When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

It's a bone-stock 300hp 4.2L .. but I have to say that since the car is entirely aluminum from front to back, it drives like it has more. It's about the same weight as an A6, which is a much smaller vehicle.

And yes .. m'tek really got this right .. it's not obnoxious at all when cruising but it is nicely angry when you bury your foot in the accel.

Very nice. All you guys outside the US, shame you aren't driving GT-R's :whistling:

Yes, I'm a Nissan fan. Drove nothing but since I got my license! I traded in my SE-R which had most of the nismo goodies on it for a 2010 Mazda CX-7 2.0 turbo, and the wife drives that. (We want kids soon, so we wanted to try something with more room)

And I drive... a 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe with the older Z engines in them, mated to 6spd manual is the VQ35DE 3.5L V6, 270 hp/260tq. Having fun with it stock, no worries of problems like with the SE-R.

IMG_4001R.jpg

IMG_4004R.jpg

IMG_3997R.jpg

IMG_4005R.jpg

IMG_4009RR.jpg

working my way up, one day...

CAS5MR4X.jpg

the vq purr has no match..

get a full catback and you´ll se what i´m talking about.

unfortunatly its fwd :thumbdown:

Yeah it's, FWD. :black_eye: but it does the job. If I had a Z or a G35 i'd be modifying it, I need a break from car tuning/problems. Once enough time has passed (25yr), I will import a GT-R legally into the US and tinker with that.

i had a sentra se-r (classic)

with gti-r engine (fwd)

gt28rs turbo and close to 400 hp...

monster!!!

I wanted to swap a GTI-R SR20 so badly. That must've been lots of fun man. You've had (and still do) some great cars. I would love to see more of your SEAT. That front mount is a beast!

Here is one of my old SE-R. I've owned a B13, B14(200SX) & a B15

ser.jpg

]

Guest VINTAGE1680

Man, how do you guys keep your cars so shiny? No matter what I try, I just can't get any glisten from my paint job. Maybe some wax? :g:

daryl_reindl_truck.jpg

lol..

you should try!!!

Some nice cars here.

I am still driving the same 1991 MX-5 I have had for five years. It is my only car. I have the founds to buy a much newer car, but never really got around to replace it. It is far from perfect, but I have repaired and upgraded the mechanical bits over the years. Still think that I could not get a better or more fun basic roadster for anything close to its value.. :D

It is a sort of a replica actually.. An Asian knock-off of a 1960ties Lotus Elan, without the hassle!

DSC_6816.jpg

DSC_6817.jpg

DSC_6811.jpg

I also have a 1985 Skoda Rapid 130. Rear engine, water-cooled. ( The model which is known as "Poor man's 911"). It was my very first car, back in 1996, and it is now tucked away in a barn.. Awaiting to gain "classic status"! :)

It was tucked away before digital cameras came around, but it is similar to this one. Even the same weird color. Guess you do not have anything like this in the USA? :whistling:

433_7_rapid.jpg

433_8_rapid.jpg

It is an "urban myth" that the workers in Skoda's painting shop were political prisoners..

At the moment I am considering to swap the Miata with an early Lotus Esprit and buy an additional sensible car for everyday use.

Guest VINTAGE1680

161z5nb.jpg

really un-insprising, totally un-spectacular (i know)

but I've had this car since the Clinton years and its FCUKING bullet-proof

even the mechanics are amazed by its performance (or the lack thereof, whichever way you look @ it)

they have lot of potential...

that one with a b18c motor.... pffff

and you