When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

thanks. Over 30 grand in building the stang. Viper 6 speed trans, monster fuel system...the list of modifications is pages and pages long. It had traction issues. Had, because it blew its motor, then the shop that was rebuilding it screwed up the assembly and the new motor ate itself when they first started it up (didn't properly lube the cams, sheared cam gears, pistons into valves, general mayhem). It's currently in storage while my lawyer gets them to be responsible for their obvious errors. I may chose to part it out and then buy another finished one, which won't be less than 550hp at the tire. (21 psi is enough to get past 600hp at the rear wheels, and it had 400+pounds of torque off idle, sideways in any gear with a blip of the gas pedal even at 1500 RPM)

When the Mustang build deadlocked, I got back into road racing motorcycles. I love it, but it has recently proven to be hazardous to my health...

Ironically, my wife gets more irritated at me spending time at home reading watch forums than she does of me working on my bike or car. Go figure.

Edited by Seraphim38

Guest VINTAGE1680

yeah, but will the 4 banger spin up 315/35/17s even off idle at freeway speeds?

torque is fun :thumbsupsmileyanim:

My last car was a big turbo car and I got tired of turbo lag...

well i think not haha... but let me show you my turbo lag :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have less or the same lag as with the oem turbo.

so.... instant boost :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I'm glada to see that there is some love for the E31 around here thumbsupsmileyanim.gif

This is my daily driver for the past 4 years...

In my mind, life is too short not to drive a car that you absolutely love. For me, it is my E31. I know her very well, inside & out--I have done 90% of the maintenance/wrenching myself.

She's in pristine condition but keeping the black paint perfect is a weekly task as the roads around here are dusty & the birds are unforgiving.

Cheers

PS. ByTor, there are many fine members of our global E31 car club in the EU. If you're serious about getting an 8 one day, they can help you out.

@Euno: Good to see you man.

Your E31 is amazingly beautiful. That's exactly the car I'd like to have. Maybe one day...

PS: I love the paint. Is it original?

Great cars everyone.

In the summer my 1990 325i Cabriolet is nice.

post-26356-024702000 1279161673.jpg

For more sporting fun the 1987 928 S4 is my choice for the day

post-26356-094139900 1279161838.jpg

And finally my winter car is a 2006 E500 4Matic (AWD) post-26356-008837800 1279162254.jpg

So all three look like this....

post-26356-024910800 1279162331.jpgpost-26356-080720500 1279162788.jpg

So thats what I drive...

post-26356-018977100 1279162209.jpg

@Euno: Good to see you man.

Your E31 is amazingly beautiful. That's exactly the car I'd like to have. Maybe one day...

PS: I love the paint. Is it original?

Her paint is original :) I use Zaino. It's the best stuff for black cars.

Best regards By-Tor :drinks:

Cheers

PS. Let me reiterate what Woody said: great cars, gents!

That's what I thought. The original paint is pretty much the only option for dark cars.

Repainted ones will look like sh*t (if the paint job is not done professionally, using ovens etc. Read = expensive). In that sense white and grey cars are better and easier.

Good point. Around here, $12k is the starting price for a decent paint job. No thanks. Resprayed cars = :thumbdown:

The paint quality on german cars is really amazing IMO.

I searched for several years for a gunmetal grey 8, but I never found one for sale. There were only a handful made by BMW that came from the factory in gunmetal grey.

Well got the wife's car sorted last night, nothing flash...

nonumber1.jpg

nonumber2.jpg

I came within a whisker of pulling the trigger on a Beemer for myself last night too but as it was an auction and I had no opportunity to check it out first sanity prevailed.

Ken

Some beautiful cars here around here.

My Toys:

Shelby GT500:

IMG_0198.jpg

Volvo C30 R-Design in the garage. Fun little car. Bigger Turbo kit on Order from RICA...

IMG_0199.jpg

I used to work for a company that did a lot of high end aftermarket vehicle mods and show cars...

Z06 Convertible...Not a Corvette Convertible with Z06 badges, but a actual Z06 with it roof chopped, and a Convertible Top installed.

ZO6Convertible1.jpg

ZO6Convertible3.jpg

ZO6Convertible4.jpg

ZO6Convertible5.jpg

...and the only bike to still have...

Turn6BlindTurnDownHill-2-1.jpg

KneeDown-1.jpg

My Fav. Ride...Katana 135... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

IMG_1298.jpg

@Mike: Great Shelby!

Are the old Fastback Mustangs expensive in the US these days? In my eyes, it's the most beautiful US-made car ever.

104201965-Ford-Mustang-Fastback-Cammer-RA-1024x768.jpg

• Like 1

@BT - Thanks! The fastback Stangs are all over the price range as well as most Detroit breed Muscle cars. Really depends on the condition and what factory engine option was under the hood. As of late, many resto jobs have been selling for less then what it costs to do a frame off restoration. But a couple years ago, Detroit Muscles were fetching top dollar! What is still fetching the big money at auctions is the Late 60' to Early 70's ('70-'71) Hemi cars, Dodges & Plymouths. Of course when you are talking numbers matching one of 15 cars ever produced, you are going to see some $$$$ get shelled out fo these beauties. Of course some of the BOSS and 429 Hemi Stangs are getting top dollar.

@Vintage1680 - Mods? You are kidding right? :thumbsupsmileyanim: 550HP is more then enough to keep me content, and chewing threw rear rubber, and premium fuel...okay maybe some exhaust, but she already has a wicked rumble.

@Red - Thanks man! :victory: