When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

Hey Mike - does the Z06 you have use the switchover system on the exhaust to open flow up to the outside pipes after you reach 4k RPM? Mine does it, and I am considering removing the fuse so the solenoid is open all the time to increase the overall rumble from the car. It just sounds too tame :D

Hey S,

No it does not. That exhaust system came about on the C6 Corvettes. The C5 Z06's just got the Titanium Exhaust. Do what I did on my base C5...Borla Catback Stingers, cut off the cats, X-pipe it...Sounded so SWEET! Very exotic exhaust note, sounded like V8 muscle with some Ferrari. It was not overly loud until you really stood on it. :yu: You just need to track down a set of O2 module simulators due to the post Cat. O2 sensors, so you don't get Check Engine lights and fuel mixture issues.

Or just get a Shelby! :thumbsupsmileyanim: That exhaust note make ANY Corvette owner jealous. 8)

Guest VINTAGE1680

get the exhaust and a shorter s/c pulley.... pumping 700 hp :thumbsupsmileyanim:

naaa just kidding..

btw. that volvo its a great base for tuning.

Here in Mx, we have the focus St and RS that have the same chasis and engine as that volvo "t5"

one of my friends have an ST with a gt35rs turbo, and god he has torque... :whistling:

We have the RS here in the States as well...you just need to work for the Blue Oval to drive them. :whistling: Have had it out a few times. Phenominal car! Unfortunatly, it will cost way to much to bring it State Side...kind of hard to sell a $40K Focus to someone. :thumbdown: I am looking forward to working on the Volvo more, it already has some of the RS components. No word on how those found their way into my car. :whistling:

Man you guys drive nice stuff! This is my baby, from '96 and the most reliable car I've ever owned. You wouldn't believe some of the things I've put her through. Well, okay maybe you would believe it.... :whistling: she's been everywhere and done everything with my Scouts troop.

byron_rover.jpg

Guest VINTAGE1680

We have the RS here in the States as well...you just need to work for the Blue Oval to drive them. :whistling: Have had it out a few times. Phenominal car! Unfortunatly, it will cost way to much to bring it State Side...kind of hard to sell a $40K Focus to someone. :thumbdown: I am looking forward to working on the Volvo more, it already has some of the RS components. No word on how those found their way into my car. :whistling:

Well its actually cheaper that here in MX...

here, it gets close to 60k so.... really really out of the league. Great car indeed.

Your car with some kw coilovers and your good to go!

@Seraphim38 - Yeah, I wish Honda would come out with the next RC so my 51 would have a mate. There have been rumors of years of a 1200cc V4, possibly being called the RC62, but nothing as come to light yet. Have a friend that has the RC collection...30,45 and 51! :Jumpy:

@Vintage - That is nuts for a Focus RS! Hoping when I head to Germany in September I can take a RS500 out! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have been looking at the Heico suspension for the C30. Biggest issue is the roads here suck and are littered with potholes, to having a tighter suspension is just going to down right suck! :thumbdown: I swear up a storm when driving the Vette. I have a Quaife diff. sitting in the box (thanks to my boys in Europe) and have already talked to RICA about thier Turbo upgrade and flashes. Already got a 40hp flash in it (again thanks to my boys from Europe who worked on the RS)... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest VINTAGE1680

@Vintage - That is nuts for a Focus RS! Hoping when I head to Germany in September I can take a RS500 out! :thumbsupsmileyanim: I have been looking at the Heico suspension for the C30. Biggest issue is the roads here suck and are littered with potholes, to having a tighter suspension is just going to down right suck! :thumbdown: I swear up a storm when driving the Vette. I have a Quaife diff. sitting in the box (thanks to my boys in Europe) and have already talked to RICA about thier Turbo upgrade and flashes. Already got a 40hp flash in it (again thanks to my boys from Europe who worked on the RS)... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

well... i think you should stay with KW.

I have the full coilovers (v3 i think) and some other stuff in my car, and it is astonishing on the track (with the correct setting) and not to extreme on the road (mexican roads really really suck)

i

Currently a Maxima no real problems even after 125k miles. But several and loads of different ones in the past lol.

2802017124_72454018f2_z.jpg

2942724396_33f90c2254_z.jpg

Old (2006) turbo-charged focus, blown head gasket and lack of funds resulted in sale was a fun commuter car

161255570_129a51ecd9_z.jpg

198975047_b53a7ab7b2_z.jpg

Fun 3 series with the SMG... transmission problems resulted in sale lol. didn't have it long lol knew it was going to be a black hole for my wallet.

163935343_ec813f4ad4_z.jpg

Nissan Xterra. No problems what so ever, actually still have this thing well gave it to a family member.

242592118_69c83fe3fb_z.jpg

368742276_cb44355b02_z.jpg

368751376_6c4d46ccee_z.jpg

Ford F150 Giant truck for city driving lol. no where to park and crappy gas mileage resulted in sale.

470227805_e0b0592fd7_z.jpg

Some past ones I don't have photos of at the time

chevy blazer S10 (rolled after a few weeks lol bought another of the same year), chevy blazer S10 (engine work and air suspension installed Had this until recently when it was donated for tax deduction lol, Dodge Neon (first "new" car I bought, loads of custom suspension work, tires, wheels, nitrous, smashed into mountain while playing "speed racer" lol $13k in damage to vehicle nobody hurt because we went to the mountain instead of through the guardrail and down about 200 ft, bought a Saab), Saab sedan (upgraded turbo, nitrous, loads of money, tickets and high insurance forced sale bought jeep), Jeep Wrangler (lift kit, tires, loads of cool stuff again loads of money and parts each time it went out broken rearend and need for more reliable transportation forced sale)

sometimes a 2005 ducati monster s2r 800 , but might sell this year. Not really enjoying it as much where i live and drivers suck in ny. Plus i am more of a car guy.

and just picked up a 2010 audi a5 white . 2.0 turbo

had a 1997 lexus es300. Probably the best car i owned so far ; ) but audi is nice too.

post-29094-065949500 1279578165.jpg

post-29094-048113500 1279578221.jpg

post-29094-010632600 1279578231.jpg

Edited by ilyailya

• 2 weeks later...

2008 infiniti g35.

chris_r-albums-g-painted-picture26517-i-like.jpg

painted with 2010 lexus isf color and black roof.20

was a 08 g37

n512667892_1539414_4986.jpg

some douche in a pt cruiser slammed into me going 50...

but soon to be a 2011 g37 convertible

2008 infiniti g35.

chris_r-albums-g-painted-picture26517-i-like.jpg

painted with 2010 lexus isf color and black roof.20

was a 08 g37

n512667892_1539414_4986.jpg

some douche in a pt cruiser slammed into me going 50...

but soon to be a 2011 g37 convertible