When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

what you drive?

Guest VINTAGE1680

Love the Seat! I wish that was something we could get here in North America!

During the week: 1995 Toyota Corolla beater (my Fiancee calls it my Kick Ass Car!)

Corolla.jpg

(Not my actual car, but looks just like this one)

On the weekend and for nights out on the town: 2007 Corvette Convertible

Corvette.jpg

I've said this before BT, but I really wish they would import the 2.0L benz into the US. I love the E-Class and the 2.0L would be awesome

It has been pretty reliable and good car. I really like the chassis... it's quite sturdy. We have lots of those "speed bumps" here and you can drive over them 60 km/h. :D

I test drove the new 2010 model but I think it's a downgrade (chassis wise). It's way too soft and Frenchy.

I'm not a car fanatic but if I had to buy a car for myself I'd get something older... these new cars are sterile and have no soul.

These are more to my liking. :)

bmw-850i-hamman.jpg

1984+Audi+Sport+quattro.jpg

1995_porsche_928_2_dr_gts_hatchback-pic-1798333173724563541.jpeg

• Like 2

I test drove the new 2010 model but I think it's a downgrade (chassis wise). It's way too soft and Frenchy.

Agreed. The exterior design & the interior design both downgrades to me. I really like the 2003 - 2009 E series frames a lot more. Definitely befits the Benz style to me. The new ones are too much like the C class cars - which in my opinion are way too cheap to be considered a Benz

• Like 1

Guest VINTAGE1680

Love the Seat! I wish that was something we could get here in North America!

On the weekend and for nights out on the town: 2007 Corvette Convertible

Corvette.jpg

you could!!!

you can import a car like this for under 20K (used) from MX.

BTW any mods on this hottie???

Guest VINTAGE1680

Haha! I did some serious damage to an Audi Quattro coupe in 94 in a car rally in Canada. It was a lot of fun, but ripped the oil pan right out from under the car :D oops

those are great cars indeed

you could!!!

you can import a car like this for under 20K (used) from MX.

BTW any mods on this hottie???

No mods on the Vette (yet) :D Stock 6.0L LS2 engine, Paddle Shifters, Adjustable Suspension and various driving modes. In other words - its a whole lot of fun! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

If I ever lose my company car I think I'm going to buy a Porsche 928 or BMW 850i. New BMW's bore the hell out of me. I like the new 7-series that everyone hates though.

You can buy an old 928 or 850i for the price of 2 Rollies. They're not expensive... the difficulty is to find a good one. But then again I have many good friends in Germany. ;)

Guest VINTAGE1680

No mods on the Vette (yet) :D Stock 6.0L LS2 engine, Paddle Shifters, Adjustable Suspension and various driving modes. In other words - its a whole lot of fun! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

last week we tested my car with a vette like youres only manual tranny.

but with a couple of mods (intake, headers, catback etc..) and a shot nitrous..

damn that things are quick..

they keep pulling and pulling all the way.

I got ahead only by a license plate before 100mph, after that i was gone :wounded1:

my car isn

Guest VINTAGE1680

If I ever lose my company car I think I'm going to buy a Porsche 928 or BMW 850i. New BMW's bore the hell out of me. I like the new 7-series that everyone hates though.

You can buy an old 928 or 850i for the price of 2 Rollies. They're not expensive... the difficulty is to find a good one. But then again I have many good friends in Germany. ;)

get an m3...

you wont regret :victory:

Oh yeah Lotus Esprit, a great classic.

Speaking of English cars... well, I think this is the first sign that I'm pushing 40. Green Jags attract me more and more every day... gentleman's car in British Racing Green.

Next I'm probably wearing a TT Datejust. :D

P6090004.JPG

Funny you should mention the Jag. I have an opportunity to buy a 1999 Jaguar Vanden Plas with only 41,500 miles on it. It was nearly always in a garage. Belonged to an older woman who drove it to the store and back. Her husband has a 2000 XJ8 and he's a Jag Mechanic. It's available for a really really good price. Almost too good to pass up.

Anyone have any thoughts on if I should buy it or not? I have heard that Jag's can be a pain mechanically. Of course, that could just be a few bad incidents causing a bad rap for the poor car.

I don't think Jags are that bad actually. The problem is the service costs which can be astronomical, unless you know someone who can service and repair them. I think the bad reputation comes from the 70's and 80's... all English cars had terrible electronics back then (Lucas/Marshall). I don't know if they have improved in that department...

I owned a Peugeot 505 STI once... it was the most comfortable car I've driven but it had Marshall electronics. Never again.

Guest VINTAGE1680

I don't think Jags are that bad actually. The problem is the service costs which can be astronomical, unless you know someone who can service and repair them. I think the bad reputation comes from the 70's and 80's... all English cars had terrible electronics back then (Lucas/Marshall).

I owned a Peugeot 505 STI once... it was the most comfortable car I've driven but it had Marshall electronics. Never again.

that

This is my car .. it's an A8. Seen here, it's going up on a chassis dyno at an Audi member's club. It has a Miltek exhaust from the UK and custom 2-piece front rotors that shave 13 pounds off each corner. Clear side markers, and front corners of course!

dynoramp.jpg

I've had 3 Mercs in a row (company cars). Owned a BMW (528i E28) and a nice Audi (Audi 90 2.2i automatic, 5 cylinder)... so it's safe to say that I like German cars. They might be superior in many ways but they don't come even close to Jaguar in "spirit".

2008+Jaguar+S-Type+interior.jpg

Even the older models make German cars feel like sterile, clinical offices. Just imho.

@Redwatch: You know what was the biggest disappointment with 2010 E-klasse? No wooden parts anymore. Actually they use wood but it's black ash which looks like plastic. :thumbdown:

Guest VINTAGE1680

This is my car .. it's an A8. Seen here, it's going up on a chassis dyno at an Audi member's club. It has a Miltek exhaust from the UK and custom 2-piece front rotors that shave 13 pounds off each corner. Clear side markers, and front corners of course!

dynoramp.jpg

great ride. I bet that v8 sounds amazing with the milltek exhaust.

hp?