When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Should I trade for a Rolex GMT Master IIc WHS?

Prsist

I'm selling my Panerai 051 and have been offered a Rolex GMT Master IIc (the trader says it's regulated and Swiss ETA movt). I'ver heard so many things about the movement I'm a little gunshy. I've read the WHS has a better track record than the CHS but I'm not in the mood to deal with a watch with a history of question marks behind it. The GMT is what got me into watches so I do like the piece. Just wanted to get feelers from fellow members.

Whatcha think?

I have a GMT IIC WHS (2836-2) on my wrist right now. It is running about 3 seconds fast in over three days since I set it with the atomic clock!I sent it to The Zigmeister for a relume and wanted to change out the movement to a 2893-2, but that proved impossible. Now I'm glad I didn't, as this one is running great. the only other modification I would like to make is replace the crystal with a genuine, or at least one with an AR'ed cyclops. I probably wear this watch more than the next three together.

Long story short, I don't think you can go wrong with the Ceramic GMT with the ETA movement.

GMTIIC.jpg