When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

1680 Red Sub

panerai153

I just picked up this Red lettered Sub 1680 on a trade. It came in today, and I thought it would look kind of nice on a Bond Strap. Of course this model isn't the Bond watch, but it's fairly close, and I already have 5 other Rolexes on bracelets.

the following was done before I got the watch.

Swiss ETA slow beat 2846-2 (adjusted to +1 sec per day) I believe this comes with the watch

gen tropic 127

gen springbars

crownguards started but not finished

wateproof @ 20 atm (gen gaskets, o rings, case shaving (where the gasket sits) tropic 127 epoxy

Do you need to replace the tube on these ones? Or does the gen 703 screw right on???

Not having to replace the tube makes it much much easier for the newer modders!

I am wondering if the gen dial would fit the PT case? I know MBW dials wont.

I think you've got it backwards, Al. A gen or 26.5mm rep dial won't fit in an MBW case. An MBW red sub dial is 26.2mm and should fit in a PT case, as would a gen/aftermarket dial, I would think, but i haven't tried it. measure your PT dial w/ calipers, if it's 26.5mm, you're good to go.

I think you've got it backwards, Al. A gen or 26.5mm rep dial won't fit in an MBW case. An MBW red sub dial is 26.2mm and should fit in a PT case, as would a gen/aftermarket dial, I would think, but i haven't tried it. measure your PT dial w/ calipers, if it's 26.5mm, you're good to go.

I can confirm that the gen dial fit in PT case. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

• 2 months later...