When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Gen Case Back on Ofrei's

ianGP

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just started collecting my list of gen parts for a UPO Franken and I too have just ordered a case back today but it is 4-6 weeks for delivery!

I have also ordered a pair of gen 951 bracelet end links as they from memory are a but off on the UPO. Cousins did not have these two items but stock all other parts as we know.

:victory:

hey watcher, what are you using as a datewheel?

I got my UPO with a 2824-2 movement. Is there a better date wheel than the one it comes with? I thought I saw one with thicker numbers but maybe it was just the pic

I have not received the donor watch yet but I have ordered a white on black datewheel from cousins which should arrive today.

I have bought the swiss upo which should have a 2824 inside but I have a fully serviced selita sw200 on hand which is of course a 2824 by another name and will build everything around that and transplant it in on arrival.

Forgot to say that the dw from cousins is a gen eta part for 2824 and 2892.

I received the DW's today but they are silver on black and so is the rest of their stock! I will have to wait and see what the dw print is like when my UPO arrives from PT in the next week or two.

ah right on! K, I'll search around for a 2892/2824 gen DW at Ofrei's then.... or maybe I can just e-mail them and find out. Thanks!!

Here's my list so far:

crystal

dial

hands (hour, min, sec)

crown/tube

caseback

I'm looking for the HE valve...just the cap. Can't seem to find it on their site so I guess I'll e-mail them about that too. Let me know if your caseback fits!! Yours will probably arrive alot sooner than mine

K, well I talked to Bob and confirmed that the datewheel comes from a 2892/2890 (he was going off the top of his head)

But the case back he couldn't answer if it had a globe or not. He basically said that if the watch came with the globe on it, that's what you'll get - because they base it off a) caliber# and b)case#

Nice guy though, he immediately replied to my e-mail with his cell# to call since it was easier to explain

watcher's got that covered ;)

I did just order from Ofrei though and they're out of stock on the tubes :( 4-6weeks ugh!!

So here's what's coming on thursday:

Crystal

Dial

Hands (hour,min,sec)

Crown

Date-wheel (from 2892A2; black bg, white print)

ooo that'd be awesome!

When I talked to Bob @ Ofrei's, those date wheels do not have a part number.

He said they go by:

A)what movement it is going into and

2)where the date window is.

So, he said the way watchsmiths order is to just e-mail them asking for a "genuine ETA date wheel from a 2892-A2 with black background and white print/numbers; date window @ 3:00"

Make sure to mention the black background - at first they automatically assumed I wanted white background, but I had it clarified before going through with it. They'll get you an invoice and you'll be set!

Let me know how much postage is for it! I'll be more than grateful to paypal you!

Edited by ianGP

I will pm you shortly. I bought 3 tubes from Cousins just in case I knackered one !

To my surprise I received 3 ETA white on black wheels today from Cousins. They were apparantely under the wrong code in their stores! but thanks anyway. They are very bright and crisp. Just need the watch now.

This is a list of my Franken parts:

Gen SEL's from Ofrei(shorter and better profiled than the rep SELS's)

Gen Dial(orange numbers)

Gen Crystal

Gen Crown/Tube

Serviced by The Zigmeister Selita SW200 movement(eta 2824-2 equiv.)

Gen Hands

Gen Caseback(to follow,not yet ordered)

Swiss model UPO Orange on order from precioustime in UK.

Think that covers it!

OMG watcher! wow! That's an extensive list! Going all out huh? lol that's awesome!! I'll eventually get there.. I figured I'd get the core stuff first then I'll get into the SEL's and caseback, etc.

But since you've got most of everything, why don't you add this to your shopping list:

http://www.ofrei.com/page666.html#17252

$146.50

OME-117ST1579951

It's *just* the clasp with the engraving.. I don't think it comes with the slider and what not. That def. completes the 'Look' !!

btw pm replied ;)