When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Shipping from Singapore to USA

panerai153

Bought a watch from another member and it was shipped Registered mail on July 6th, today is the 21st. So that's 15 days, including weekends, 11 business days. I wouldn't be worried except I had a Rolex box, papers that I bought on the Rolex Forum, also bought in Singapore and shipped one day later on the 7th. i received that package last Friday the 16th. Both were sent registered mail, and the tracking for both was/is basically non existent. Neither package is showing up outside of "In Transit from SINGAPORE as of Tuesday, July 6 2:26 PM" The Rolex box is still showing the same thing except the date is Wed. July 7th. Absolutely no tracking what so ever,even though it was delivered.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Is Registered mail a reasonable option? It looks as though no one tracks/scans Registered mail, although I was told it has to be signed for at every stop.

Should I be worried, or is the time frame for delivery usually longer than this. I've never had this problem before, as most everyone ships EMS and it does have some tracking, maybe slow and a few days behind, but not like this.

EMS from Singapore to the USA about one week but registered mail is much slower.

I haven't any experience on that route but my people in China have stressed before that registered mail is cheaper but also slower.

Ken

Thanks a lot for the replys guys, makes me feel a tiny bit better!. What I don't understand is with registered mail, you are given a tracking number, but it's totally useless.Both of my packages from Singapore were lost to tracking as soon as they were scanned in initially. Knowing this from now on, I think I will specify EMS , even if I have to pay the difference. Tracking with EMS isn't much better, but usually you get some progress reports along the way. With Registered, I wouldn't know if it was lost, stolen seized by customs, etc. It just doesn't ever show up.

I've generally never lost a registered mail sent out of Singapore. Well at least on the tracking status it shows it left Singapore, if it gets lost over at the local post then i guess its not the seller's fault whatsoever registered or not. Mail to US generally takes 12-14 working days, you should get it anytime soon. It also depends if the guy shipped it out on a weekday or near weekend etc. Just check the status of tracking provided, if it says it already left Singapore at a certain date for international, the delay is actually your own local post.

Arthur I have been told (by Australian Post) that the number that you get with registered mail is not a tracking number at all but purely for their own use.

Apparently should the package go missing they can use that number to look for it.

Ken

Arthur I have been told (by Australian Post) that the number that you get with registered mail is not a tracking number at all but purely for their own use.

Apparently should the package go missing they can use that number to look for it.

Ken

Ken,

Thanks very much. I sort of suspected as much, as the other package I received from Singapore wasn't showing anything either. If it doesn't show up in the next few days I'll take the number to my local PO (advantage of being in a small town, I know all the folks in the PO on a first name basis) I'll try to get them to run it down using the USPS computers.

Thanks again, and have a great weekend

Arthur

From burnz - Left Singapore July 16

Arrived my US address - July 22: too bad I wasn't home, but I'll pick it up tomorrow!~

Thanks burnz! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

That's who shipped mine. He told me tonight that he sent out two packages on the 16th to CONUS, both arrived on the 22nd. that's why we are concerned about this one. Probably yours and the other one made the plane, mine is probably in a container sitting on a slow ship across the big pond.Amazing how shipping varies. i've gotten airmail packages from Australia to my home in 4 days, and then a month later a similar package from the same adress to my address takes 2 1/2 weeks.

There isn't much one can do except wait and hope that it eventually gets to where it's supposed to go. Without tracking it could be anywhere, and no way of knowing.

On the Flipside .... Shipping from USA to Singapore

Can anyone help me with this tracking status, it was sent by priority. Does it mean it has been shipped? Or does it mean its still sitting in US?

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 4, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.

almost 3 weeks and still waiting.

Thanks

On the Flipside .... Shipping from USA to Singapore

Can anyone help me with this tracking status, it was sent by priority. Does it mean it has been shipped? Or does it mean its still sitting in US?

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on July 4, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. No further information is available for this item.

almost 3 weeks and still waiting.

Thanks

That's the problem with the darn Postal services. they are too lazy to scan the packages like they are supposed to. What yours indicates is it wasn't even scanned at the originating post office. The shipper created the shipping label/postage probably using PayPal shipping or some other program. When they create a label The USPS is automatically notiified that a shipping label has been created, that's all ,it isn't a scan.The problem with that system is the shipper can drop off the package and it just gets picked up and doesn't get scanned, ever!! The positive side is the shipper can create the label at home, print it out and drop off the package. He doesn't have to stand in line at the PO for and hour waiting to mail the package. I get these notiifications all the time, usually the package picks up a scan somewhere along the way, but occasionally it never tracks ,just shows up at my door.

We have discussed shipping problems quite a few times on this forum, there isn't a perfect solution. Generally, I think FedEX and UPS do a better job of tracking packages, but unfortunately shipping reps via Private carriers is not possible. I suppose we wil have to do the best we can with and imperfect system.

Well fellows, All's well that ends well. The package from Singapore was in my mailbox this afternoon. So I'm feeling pretty good right now. i was a little worried that it was lost somewhere between it's origin and my PO.

Thanks go out to Burnz who stayed in touch almost daily for the past week. It was a pleasure doing business with him.

Well fellows, All's well that ends well. The package from Singapore was in my mailbox this afternoon. So I'm feeling pretty good right now. i was a little worried that it was lost somewhere between it's origin and my PO.

Thanks go out to Burnz who stayed in touch almost daily for the past week. It was a pleasure doing business with him.

Lucky u.. with my delivery status, it doesn't even say if the seller has even shipped or whether its even left the US... hope it arrives soon.. 1 month is a little long even by boat

Glad to hear mate!

I was sweating a little too, but I guess delays sometimes are inevitable.

Registered mail, though slower than EMS, is still my preferred choice. I once lost a PAM sent to CONUS via EMS, where the postal guy (on US side) actually opened up the package and kept the watch for himself. Only an empty envelope made it to the buyer eventually. And that was with full tracking!!

Conclusion, registered mail is more discreet and does not attract as much attention as EMS. Never ever lost a package on registered mail. Then again, could just be luck of the draw sometimes.

Anyway A, enjoy the watch and wear it well!

At least you waited 17 days and got your package finally. Mine has that dubious USPS status, shipped out 4th July via priority and i still see nothing yet. Even the status has not changed... So for me that's 23 days.

If it was shipped Registered mail, the postal service has methods of tracking the package using their internal tracking system. I would have the seller as well as yourself go to your local post office and see if they can find your package, using their tracking. It seems like one time before several years ago, I had a package lost, and they told me they wouldn't track it until it was over 30 days out. you are gettiing close to that time frame, so they may be willing to run the numbers through their system.

Good luck