When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Daytona 6265 Ubi style

• 8 months later...

Just gorgeous, very nice project. I have a watch which has the Val.72 movement, which i recently serviced but it is in a very plain case and no name. I would love to get the components for a Daytona like yours, and do the same. I rarely wear my watch, as its so plain. I would love to know costs, and a supplier. Can you help?

Thanks for considering, twoamazing

Edited by twoamazing

Just gorgeous, very nice project. I have a watch which has the Val.72 movement, which i recently serviced but it is in a very plain case and no name. I would love to get the components for a Daytona like yours, and do the same. I rarely wear my watch, as its so plain. I would love to know costs, and a supplier. Can you help?

Thanks for considering, twoamazing

I can say that dw has the case set and other components that you would need to make a v72 based daytona. You have to specifically tell him it's for a v72 movement. Then I would recommend sending it all to spinmaster in Singapore to be properly assembled. Dw can be found in the dealers section and if you pm me ill give you spinmaster's email. It won't be cheap.. I'd say 1000$ all in. You need a dial, hands and case set from dw.

http://www.dhwvintagewatchparts.com/case-sets---v72.html

Edited by cc33

• 1 month later...

I see this thread is very old - before my time here, but I feel compelled to comment on what a stunningly spectacular piece this is. As always, I am in awe of the craftsmanship by the members on here.

• 2 months later...

I was browsing an online shopping website and found a Rolex Daytona which looked nothing like thie. It had a gold rose bezel and came in two colors i.e chocolate and silver. And it had a alligator leather strap unlike this one here which has chain. DO they have launched different variants of Daytona.

• 2 weeks later...

AndrewFuller: this is a vintage daytona reference 6265. Nothing like the modern daytonas which you're talking about. It's much classier and more exclusive, in my opinion.

This is the thread that inspired me to build my own 6265! Well....after my attempt to wrest it from ubi's hands failed

• 1 year later...