When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I'm [censored]...and took a stand...

hackR

Let's cut to the chase.... blah blah blah...You can all bash me if you want.

Sounds a little ridiculous for a link. One thing that I've come to terms with when purchasing a watch is that I'll probably have trouble with it fitting properly. If I need a link, I look online, post a thread asking if anyone has an extra one... With all the skinny arms I see, there's usually an extra link available for just about EVERY watch that can give one up. :):bangin: I suppose I could have read more about hank doing that but I lost interest after I realized that the issue was such a silly one.

I think I see the "attitude" that would make anyone rather defensive .. it's not the issue at hand but the presentation of finding a solution .. the solution would of been simple and probably without cost to the buyer.

my parts box has a knee jerk reaction at times, and closes .. ;)

This is a damn shame to have two senior members at each others throats...and all over a $135 watch.

Lets not forget this watch has traveled two ways now and looks set to go a 3rd time, add the cost of the links and the watch could be twice the cost now.

I don't want to take sides over this but I will say that threatening a PP dispute over a cheap watch is pretty bad form.

Ken

Z -

thanks for trying to arbitrate this...i appreciate it...

i wish this was different, but there's really no gray for me...never was their an implication the watch would be sent and could be refunded somewhere later down the line...i asked him what he wanted me to do with the transaction because there was no other links and the watch was sized for my 7.5" wrist with a little play (up to 7.65")...he said "send it"...there was no conditions on the "send it"...he simply decided he didn't want it - or to search longer for a link or two...and took matters into his own hands with a return without discussing that with me...

i'm sorry - but this is all bad business...

R-

I hear you hack. I really do, but I'm just a jr member here and I always hate to see this "type" of stuff happen. I really do hope that some sort of amicable settlement can come out of this. And I DO know when things come down to principle and one must take a stand on an issue. Again, I'm just hoping for a resolution to this issue. Then again, I've also been around enough to know this type of situation will happen now and then. I leave it up to the senior guys here to restore us back to the peaceful community we are...

This is a damn shame to have two senior members at each others throats...and all over a $135 watch.

Lets not forget this watch has traveled two ways now and looks set to go a 3rd time, add the cost of the links and the watch could be twice the cost now.

I don't want to take sides over this but I will say that threatening a PP dispute over a cheap watch is pretty bad form.

Ken

I have to go along with Ken on this one,very bad form Indeed. I wont take sides and I will also never do business with Hank7502,members take note :whistling:

I've never really spoken much with Hack or Hank, so I'd like to think myself an impartial observer, and would like to offer this suggestion as a possible solution:

Hack, when the watch arrives back with you, return it to Hank, as he clearly said "send it" before you could confirm the situation regards extra link. Hank, when the watch arrives back with you, just throw the watch on a strap until you can acquire the extra links, which I'm sure someone in the community will have spare :) Let's hope this can be resolved like the gentlemen I know you both are :good::drinks:

Sounds like one member with a motor that idles at 750 RPM and another one with a motor that idles at 1500 RPM. In a transaction, any transaction regardless of the money involved, communication is the key. Taking action without allowing time to recieve answers to questions asked was the root cause of the problem here. Everything else was compounded by other stuff. Seems to me, acting without getting information and taking the dispute public on the boards doesn't reflect well on one of these members.

There is a way to make everyone whole here and nobody should end up with a tarnished name.

Communication is the key to any successful relationship.

Given the timeline, the PP dispute was a bit hard-core Hank.

Especially when you were dealing with a guy who is as active on the board.

Lessons learned. Work it out and let's move on and learn from it.

Good luck with the auction, I hope there are no more 'hard feelings.'

On the other hand;I'd like to share a problem from a buyer's point of view. I bought an expensive AP ROO modded with AR, lume, etc. from an old time member here. The watch was said to keep COSC time (2-3 sec./day). The watch ran 3-4 min fast from day 1 and despite

3 trips to the watchsmith, I could never get better than 1-2 min. fast/day. Also, the lume really was poor even with the claim to be

aftermarket lumed. I had suggested the seller reimburse the $50 I paid for the attempts to repair, never heard from him again!

I didn't mention it here nor did I make a pp dispute, any suggestions? BTW- the watch LOOKS great

I'll do as Hank has suggested...

Did I mention that the really tough part of all this is actually the scrutiny I'll get from the wife on yet another small package arriving... :pardon:

:cry2::p

A quick word about PP disputes:

They should only be used for: a.) non-receipt of goods purchased, b.) significantly mis-represented items.

Seriously-- if the watch looks like what was in the photo, and keeps some semblance of time, the buyer really does not have grounds to dispute it via PP. I can not even begin to tell you the number of transactions that I have conducted that did not satisfy me, but in the end, I received the watch and I did not ask enough questions.

Final though, PP is not stupid, and if investigated deeper can link many of us together. Imagine bringing down the house of cards over a $135 trinket. Something like this not only threatens the buyers account, but your account, and possibly others... Just sayin'...

I love it, three pages of discourse over a couple "missing" links from a $135 used illegal copy of a watch.

$h!t - I've spilled more than that on a good night.

+1 for most of the comments except Hank's

and @Ronin - I hope that you are wrong and PP forgets the whole thing.

Sorry but starting a PP dispute is a no-no, particularly not without trying other avenues first. From personal experience HackR is a great guy and an absolute pleasure to deal with. Sorry Hank, I'm sure you felt you had a case or you wouldn't have done it, but the results of all this pettiness over a $135 watch is that people won't want to buy from or sell to you in future.

Wow! If I had ever owned a day date there would be two links in the mail tomorrow. Unfortunately, Never had one so can't help.Surely, there is someone out there with extras laying around. I do have a pile of parts and watches that need some kind of something to make them right for me as most of us probably do. I gotta think that a request for links on all the rep forums would result in a happy ending here. It might take more than a day or two, but as that particular size watch is popular with the "puny wristers" (like myself) I can't imagine there not being spares in someones parts box. We have all bought watches that didn't work out for some reason or another, and typically source the parts to make it work or just resell. This is a cheap fix and I'm sure having bought from and currently borrowing hackRs watches, (great slevin by the way) that the day date would be worth the time to find a coupla links.Sure hope this gets sorted out. Trying not to choose sides but find a solution....