When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats your dream car?

Speedman

ive only seen two 8 series Beamers in my life, rare round north america

They're very rare everywhere. That series was introduced just when the big 90's recession started. V12-powered very expensive coupe wasn't a popular choice back then.

It's a cheapish car in the second hand market now because the maintenance costs can be astronomical. The whole exhaust is over 4K for example.

But it's very few cars that has timeless design. Understated and elegant for a supercar. I have always loved the lines of it.

bmw850i_m_m.jpg

They're very rare everywhere. That series was introduced just when the big 90's recession started. V12-powered very expensive coupe wasn't a popular choice back then.

It's a cheapish car in the second hand market now because the maintenance costs can be astronomical. The whole exhaust is over 4K for example.

But it's very few cars that has timeless design. Understated and elegant for a supercar. I have always loved the lines of it.

bmw850i_m_m.jpg

Totally understated car. The Mercedes equivalent W126 560SEC is also IMO a timeless car with superior build quality. But the low prices kill these good cars, many people who can't afford them drive them until the cars are done. Good for me that my dad has got one 560' in really great condition. I really love the late 90's german touring/sports cars, best era! Pic from the web, this one has rare Lorinser wheels (i have 12 of those in my garage :whistling: ).

640px-Mercedes_C126_rear_20080102.jpg

I totally agree. The classic SEC is a fantastic looker. Much nicer than the gigantic CL that replaced it. However SEC has much more vintage look than the 8'er (imho). You could actually drive a 8'er out of the production line today.

Yeah these great cars are often owned by rednecks and monkeys. They install idiotic accessories, cheap ass spoilers and repaint them with tasteless colors. Here's a good example of totally ruined and fucked up 560 SEC.

49902968.jpg

But as with the Porsche 928, I'm sure the prices will eventually go up. Nobody wants to drive a Porsche Boxter... it has no character at all. That's why they're cheap already. 8'er and SEC both have classic potential. 90's SL ain't bad, either... but it's not as nice looker as the 8'er (imho).

Hey Hike, the new 7'er is a great looking car. So many people say it's ugly... I don't understand that at all. It's one of the FEW good looking modern cars produced. Very macho and muscular looking.

The new 6-klasse ain't bad, either. But not as nice as the original.

bmw_M_635_csi_2.jpg

I've actually driven the original M635 CSi model. One of my friends (who's now in jail, lol) owned one in the early 90's. It had 286 HP which was a lot for a 80's car.

Hey Hike, the new 7'er is a great looking car. So many people say it's ugly... I don't understand that at all. It's one of the FEW good looking modern cars produced. Very macho and muscular looking.

The new 6-klasse ain't bad, either. But not as nice as the original.

bmw_M_635_csi_2.jpg

I've actually driven the original M635 CSi model. One of my friends (who's now in jail, lol) owned one in the early 90's. It had 286 HP which was a lot for a 80's car.

Hey BT!

When it came out in '02, it did not really impress me (and so did a lot of people including the pundits), I felt like BMW digress from it's origins! Also the iDrive was plague with a lot of problems (guess what, almost every brand/makeR ARE NOW COPYING IT!). But every year when I go to my dealer for service on my 740, I stopped by the showroom to oggle the 745 and it just started growing on me....and the rest is history!

This car is so full of electronics and highly computerized that it's almost like flying an airplane when you drive it........and the comfort......totally amazing! I drove a Mercedes S Class before I got this.......and you really get more for the money (S Class cost about US$10-12K more!). Anyho, no complaints from me! I've been always a Bimmer fan!

• 2 months later...

Life is a cycle.I haven't dreamt cars in quite a while having rocked an E39, Ford Expedition and a bunch of kids for years. I did finally get a nice sedan this year but 10 years from now when the kids are through college I would love to get an 86 Whale Tail porsche. The sad part is I had one when they were new. I guess I would have to call it a mid-life Auto crisis.

I don't dream too big when it comes to cars, but I'd like to own one or two classic American muscles like the Torino, Challenger, Chevelle, Corvette, and Mustang. I just hope the price won't inflate too much when I save up enough money to buy one!

Edited by agp

• 2 months later...

I have a few "Dream Cars". I suppose my all-time dream car is:

40cd4.jpg

The 1985 Ferrari 308 GTSi (yes, the Magnum P.I. car. One of the best TV shows ever).

The next would have to be the Porsche 959:

959.png

A more modern dream car would be the Audi RS5:

2011audirs5frontthreequ.jpg

This is what I'm currently driving (not my pic, mine is too dirty to show right now :) )

0340466lg.jpg