When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Whats your dream car?

Speedman

• 2 months later...

The car of my youth. I would love to find another and do it again.

1971 Dodge Charger:

IMAG0332.jpg

With a 440 Six Pack pulled from A 1969 Road-runner. Massaged a bit by me turning out 425hp and running high 13's in the quarter on street tires and a 323 rear-end with limited slip traction.

IMAG0331-1.jpg

Just wanted to start a tread about whats your dream car :) Some of you might drive it already, but others, like me, just dream about them :) So post them up! Here�s on of my dream cars: Audi R8 V10:

AudiR852V10.jpg

I'll see your R8 V10 and raise you a SUPERCHARGED R8 V10.

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

But I'll keep the blue color you picked. That would be my ideal daily driver dream car. Insanely fast but reliable with forgiving road manners.

On the category of dream car I'd keep for a weekender:

ferrari-250-gt-spyder-california-1.jpg

Ferrari-250-GT-California-Spyder.jpg

SWB Ferrari 250GT California Spyder.

• 2 months later...

2012 - 1000BHP BOSS 302 (before some wise guy says only 440BHP, easy to get it to 1000HP)

Want to replace my 2008 GT

mst12_feat_perf_laguna.jpg

Well I have always been an admirer of the 2003/ 04 cobra...these beasts can kick some serious Ayyyzzz! My buddy ot one with over 800 RwHP....of course EVERYTHING done to it....the biggest K.B....guess what he got it! My dreamcar..a 2003 cobra...I think I just jjjizzed in my pants lol

Auction-Aston-Martin-DB5-used-in-James-Bond-1964.jpg

Aston Martin DB5. Will probably never be able to afford one. I have a 74' MGB GT, chrome bumpers, I'm fixing up now... 'Poor Man's Aston Martin'. Actually looks closer to a DB4. Plan to do it up with the wire rims and similar silver paint job to Bond's classic DB5. Even debating vents in the fender as a 'homage' to the inspiration and adding the more aggressive GTC bonnet. Also thinking what kind of gizmos I can rig up with switches in the arm rest :rolleyes:

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

FWIW in 1984 I bought the only RHD AMG 190 hammer. 190e body with a 500 motor in it.

It was a missile

not that I did not say it was a guided missile

Utterly un-driveable in the wet.

Went back to 911's after that :)

but my dream car is one almost no one has ever heard of - The Borgward Isabella Coupe has my heart

Borgward_61_Isabella_Coupe_White_sf1.jpg

borgward-isabella-coup-bj-1959-46159.jpg

I love the "Shark" and I'm going to purchase one when I find a good example.

moht3.jpg

Just listen to it.

I really like Porsche 968 and the BMW 8-series too.

Most new cars: thumbdown.gif New Jaguar Coupe is pretty awesome though.

I bought a fantastic 928 in 1984 - I bought it from a brain surgeon who owned it from new but you knw a guy has serious cash when you hear the story

1. It was the first 928 delivered into the USA and was featured in an issue of Playboy no less! (1977 or 78 from memory - had the edition but it went with the car)

2. He decided to emigrate to Australia so ........

Returned the car to Germany to have it converted from left-to-right hand drive THEN as if that was enough, had the car sent to a firm of insane dudes by the name of Buchmann Brothers and had the car: completely stripped to metal, then repainted white pearl (it was silver) - then added brand new Recaros that were electrically adjusted, heated, vibrated and had the electrically inflating-deflating bladders to adjust seat firmness etc. All this in the early 80's remember and on a car that was already worth a house, standard!

Then the suspension was rebuilt by Bilstien .... the engine and gearbox were rebuilt, which of course anyone would do after only three thousand miles of course ... adding a bunch of go-fast(er) bits.

... and just to top things off, he had the roof removed and replaced by a one-off laminated removable glass insert. It clipped in and out beautifully and had its own leather cover that matched the car's interior.

Then - as you pointed out, these things were reminiscent of sharks - Buchmann Brothers added a custom from air dam and gold stripes down the side as was their trademark.

All up the car cost him $106K in 1981.

So, I bought it in 1984 and it had 15,000 on the clock! I guess his stated reason for selling (just never had time to drive it) was accurate.

If I can find my few pics of the chariot I will post them .... just for a laugh - I was MUCH younger back then but had owned three Porsches before that and a monster benz .... but i can honestly say that I was slain as soon as they guy started the engine - it sounded like thunder. When he reversed it out of the garage and I saw the front that was the end of me .... I just wanted that car. When we drove it ....(BTW he was an excellent driver and had won numerous Porsche Club events in his dedicated track car) OMG!!!!!!

I had to buy a rear muffler (sitting around is very bad for them apparently ... even Stainless ones) ... wilkl never forget that as it was both my first use of my new AMEX card and JUST a muffler cost me $1536 from Porsche! .... I put a new killer stereo system in it and drove it every day.... sold her after a year or so and made fifteen grand on it.

Things were different then

:)

apologies for the over-long rant

but my dream car is one almost no one has ever heard of - The Borgward Isabella Coupe has my heart

Borgward_61_Isabella_Coupe_White_sf1.jpg

Not only a classic design and a good choice (my father co-estabward interest group in Germany back many years... and we had "some" Isabellas) also a durable one.

Once restored to a good level and you can enjoy it for years and years!

Mine is more on the sportive side.

A one-off based on a very rare base - No.003 of only 4 Bizzarrini P538.

And it is the Bizzarrini Manta build by Italdesign. Currently owned by a private collector in the states, but I'll kill him or the car :bangin:

1968_ItalDesign_Bizzarrini_Manta_10.jpg

Dee