When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review of Breitling Windrider Chronomat B01

By-Tor

The big numbers on the bezel give it a futuristic style. It can be nice if you combine it with a non-numeric dial.

Haven't seen any sale numbers of the gen so don't know how popular it truly is.

I dont believe that Breitling has done as well with this model as they had hoped. That Is a pity when you consider what a good looking watch It Is. Maybe sales have picked up but they were not that good not long ago.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Mike. And no worries about missing it. LOTS of people seem to have missed it. :D

I think old fashioned watch reviews like this are yesterday anyway. Back in 2006 they generated thousands of views and LOTS of interest, now I'm lucky if I get 1/10 of that... a few hundred. All replies come from the best forum friends and that's it.

And even for that view count I have to bump it two-three times after the release. It's quite surprising. B01 might not be everyone's cup of tea but it's still one of the very few new recent replica models from the major 5 brands (Rolex, Omega, Breitling, IWC and TAG Heuer). Maybe among the top-5 biggest rep releases from China this year. But these writeups simply don't seem to interest people anymore. I'm quite puzzled why.

And it's not just my reviews, it's the same thing with all other big reviews by members that I've seen recently. Some big ones go completely unnoticed.

I'm not complaining at all, it's probably normal "evolution" (no pun) or whatever... maybe video reviews is the next "big thing"?

Well back to the topic... I suggest you go for the black one. Blue colors are totally off (based on what I've seen). From gens the blue dial with black subdials is my #1 favorite but the rep dial color seems to be way off. I like my B01 quite a lot. Definitely nicer and flashier than the standard BCE (just imho).

Great review BT and frankly it is discouraging these days at the replies to reviews,i have noticed this for some time,i`m sure you have as well.

Guys,instead of lurking,post comments good or bad to what you read,even if its all bad and you dont want to put up reviews yourself,its all good. Feeds us to keep going...

• 5 months later...

Tried on a gen at a store today and really liked it. I get what By-Tor is saying about the aesthetic anomalies, but on

my wrist it looked good. I can't wear really bit watches but the gen wore small. Perhaps the rep is a big thicker...

I'm not normally a fan of Breitlings but will have to think carefully about this one.

If the rep is as accurate as the review says it is (and there's not reason to think otherwise given the source) I might

make this one my next purchase.

BTW, retail was $8,898.

• 1 month later...

Thank you for the review BT. I'm looking for my next fix. Steelfish, Seawolf and Heritage versions are impossible or hard to find so I'm looking for the next big thing. Saw one at Costco for 5,5k the other day on rubber and it is slowly growing at me. Still have not made up my mind but I really like your review, matter of fact I like all of your reviews.

Do you still have your B01?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Thanks for the review BT. I agree that its sad that such reviews are no longer being done. I would take them over the current video reviews. I am buying my first replica- have ordered the Chronomat B01 featured in your review from trustytime. Your review convinced me.Even now this one comes up when you google- just goes to show how good a review it is! Eagerly waiting arrival!

Hope you restart your reviews and community guides one day. Thanks a ton!

• 7 months later...