When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Have i bought a Lady Daytona or something?

wimpie007

Yeah i would't know,

The movement is a high beat 7750 28k8 secs@6 and chrono's work

Maybe they used the wrong case? My normal bracelets fit fine so that's the same.

Also the crystal appears to be the same size but the case seems smaller/different.

I have a 21J that has the same case though but looking at the gen it should be different...

Yes, from looking at the images, it does look smaller than the one its compared to.

But the lume looks good though

I still like it but i didn't know there were different 7750 daytona rep cases

Yeah is after market lumejob, but i expected more of it, i charged it 15 secs before the pic and quicly fades

the case looks abit like the Daytona WG (rolex daytona 116519 WG)version i have

wears very small

collection%20(15).JPG

collection%20(11).JPG

Can you make a side shot of the case?

Also i see that you have the steel thingies that cover the hole of the leather strap and the case, where can i get those?

i got it like this with the "thingies" and all :drinks:

i will get a side shoot in the weekend as i am not at home the next days..

but a downside with this, the sec@6 - mine is dead now, so i need to get this fixed somehow

Ok,thanks

How are those thingies called so i can order/search for them.

How have you been, got the refund from xslyyx yet?

is it some sort of endlinks ?

actually i have been VERY good, as you know i got divorsed, sold my house and had a reorg at my job - busy year :black_eye:

but now i got a wonderfull new girlfriend, a new apartment, kept my manager position and now as country manager :victory:

nope never got a refund from him.... :black_eye: but what goes around comes around.

how have you been my friend

is it some sort of endlinks ?

actually i have been VERY good, as you know i got divorsed, sold my house and had a reorg at my job - busy year :black_eye:

but now i got a wonderfull new girlfriend, a new apartment, kept my manager position and now as country manager :victory:

nope never got a refund from him.... :black_eye: but what goes around comes around.

how have you been my friend

Yeah i have been ok mate thanks!

Good to hear you are well!

Pics of the new GF? ;-)

On topic:

Here is a daytona on puretime and has the same caseshape:

http://www.puretimewatch.com/product/daytona-116520-black-dial/

Can you make a side shot of the case?

Also i see that you have the steel thingies that cover the hole of the leather strap and the case, where can i get those?

hi wimpie007

here is the promished shots of the Daytona - there is also side by side shots with a DSSD and Ploprof for size.

I also saw that is have the laser etched crown at 6..

daytona%20(3).JPG

daytona%20(4).JPG

daytona%20(5).JPG

daytona%20(1).JPG

daytona%20(2).JPG

daytona%20(6).JPG

daytona.jpg

I have a black dialled version of the watch lost 'somewhere' in my home :black_eye: The 'steel thingies' to which you refer, are a machined part of the case, and not removable (other than with a grinder) I'm not sure how this corresponds to gens, but in reps, the ones sold with the strap instead of the bracelet, come with this style of case, where the ones with bracelets, rather obviously, don't have them (nor can they be fitted, again, due to the nature of their construction)

Here's a pic of my Daytona from happier times :)

Daytona-1.jpg

hi wimpie007

here is the promished shots of the Daytona - there is also side by side shots with a DSSD and Ploprof for size.

I also saw that is have the laser etched crown at 6..

daytona%20(3).JPG

daytona%20(4).JPG

daytona%20(5).JPG

daytona%20(1).JPG

daytona%20(2).JPG

daytona%20(6).JPG

daytona.jpg

Looking great!

Thanks for that, my case is different but i've seen gen shot that resemble mine though so not that worried anymore

That clasp you have is really nice!

Thanks for making the pics mate!

I have a black dialled version of the watch lost 'somewhere' in my home :black_eye: The 'steel thingies' to which you refer, are a machined part of the case, and not removable (other than with a grinder) I'm not sure how this corresponds to gens, but in reps, the ones sold with the strap instead of the bracelet, come with this style of case, where the ones with bracelets, rather obviously, don't have them (nor can they be fitted, again, due to the nature of their construction)

Here's a pic of my Daytona from happier times :)

Daytona-1.jpg

Hmz, so i can safely say that i can forget getting those thingies ;-)

How do you lose a daytona dude ;-) You must have a house that is too large then ;-)

Hmz, so i can safely say that i can forget getting those thingies ;-)

How do you lose a daytona dude ;-) You must have a house that is too large then ;-)

No, just a wife :lol: I lent it to her to wear for work, and put it on a white strap for her, but it's somehow found it's way down the back of a cupboard/got sucked through a wormhole as I just can't find it anywhere :bangin: It'll turn up eventually, but for now, it's defied all my attempts to find it :g:

If you really want a case with that style of lugs, just go on CQout, grab the cheapest Daytona with a strap (probably less than $50) and then transplant in the dial, movement and strap from your existing watch :) Something else I discovered with the Daytona strap, was when using the micro adjustment on the clasp, when worn, the back edge of the clasp had a tendency to raise up slightly from the surface of the strap, constituting a snag/gouge hazard, so I modified the inside of the clasp by forcing an extra springbar into the last notch on the end of the clasp, thus holding it tight to the strap :victory: If you look closely, you can just about make it out in the photo I posted :)