When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Solid Gold TT Aftermarket Bracelet

Feta1

Looking for a TT Oyster Bracelet for a Sub with solid gold (ie still hollow midlinks, but not plated or wrapped). Has anyone bought an aftermarket one and if so from where and how did it work out. I see one HEREon the bay but not sure of the endlinks on it... any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

The problem with all that "aftermarket" gold stuff is that you never know what you're going to receive. Plus you have ZERO guarantees how the SELs will fit, etc.

The wrapped Noob version actually had a ok bracelet. The SEL fit wasn't great but other than that it was decent. It had to be oiled and waxed though... but it was pretty good. And I've never seen anyone reporting the gold wearing off of these... only reports about some brown spots from sweating (and those can be polished off).

3.jpg

I have no idea but if I have to guess I believe they might fit.

That would be just logical as there is actually very little room to position the lugholes when the SEL measurements are somewhat similar. And you can always twist and bend the springbars a little if nothing else helps.

My collague has a gen TT Sub and I've seen it/handled it many many times.

The bracelet possesses quality like all Rolex bracelets but even the TT bracelet is still very lightweight and flimsy. Trust me, the wrapped oiled and waxed Noob bracelet feels and looks decent enough. Actually I thought it was surprisingly good. Ask bklm if he can get you a spare.

I made a small review of this TT Sub a few years ago. LINK.

I'm about 90% sure that seller is Faisel from Sugarland TX-JewelryOutlet550, EWAtchParts.com, Etc. Doesn't have a great reputation among members here. Anybody else know?

I agree with this as does freddy- in fact freddy was the one that pointed out watchbandman to me as being in the Faisel group a few years ago.

There is another seller on ebay who sells these TT bracelets- unmarked. Around $350-400, can't find them right now, maybe used to go by the name Miss Caroline, or something like that.

Like BT says, maybe a decent plated bracelet from BK.

"Looking for a TT Oyster Bracelet for a Sub with solid gold (ie still hollow midlinks, but not plated or wrapped). Has anyone bought an aftermarket one and if so from where and how did it work out."

I bought probably 35 or 40 new aft/mkt ss/gold bracelets over the years and all were fine except for a few that I got from unknown sources (internet, strangers at watch shows etc).

The best bracelets were all made in Italy and came from an established supply house/dealer.

A few of the unknown bracelets were low karat, 10k or 12k etc, but sold as 14k or 18k. They also had shoddy details...screws etc. They were quite a bit cheaper than higher grade bracelets though.

With today's $1200+ troz gold, Italian bracelets have doubled in price in the past few years and are really getting expensive.

Otoh, about 6 or 7 years back, I bought a dozen 'unknown' ss and 'solid gold' jubilee bracelets for a price that I was sure were plated but I have never had one wear through the plating and some have been in service 5 years now (I sold them as being plated). The hoods have 'gold' strips soldered on the centers and steel tubes soldered on the underside just like genuine. I never tested one for gold but probably need to see what's what.

"The problem with all that "aftermarket" gold stuff is that you never know what you're going to receive."

I agree...when you buy from dodgy or unknown sources.

Established supply houses will usually have quality bracelets.

"Plus you have ZERO guarantees how the SELs will fit, etc."

SELs are a real problem and for this reason, I have stayed with old style tutone watches with removable bracelet hoods.