When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SMP Bond dial: gen vs. rep

boneventura

I cought that right away, only because I have a quartz model. I feel for you having your bubble burst like that. No one notices the "Chronometer" missing, look how long it took even on here.

No big deal. Would you notice looking at mine? Only after someone pointed it out right?

IMG_4063.jpg

However I'm sure you don't want to build a franken auto with a quartz dial. How much did you pay for it?

Actually, I thought I read somewhere here on the forum that the word Chronometer was also missing in the early years of this model, '92 or so, on the automatics. That's why that didn't alarm me.

I paid $60. So, I can live with that, I'll drink a few less this month. In holland we call that learning-money.

BTW: I got it from an ebay seller called edelweiss. And now that I know of the short 3-marker, I can tell that his picture was an automatic dial and he send me a quartz. I feel so violated and dirty! :shock: Of course, he doesn't respond to my emails now. Let you know how it ends.

The hunt goes on for an auto dial!

• 2 months later...

So.. few months later, let me tell you how the story ended.

I started a Paypal dispute against him because he did not respond to my mails. After that, he did respond. Tried to get him to switch my quatz dial with auto dial. After a lot of avoiding, he finally said that all his dials are quartz, although he shows pictures of auto dials.

Finally, Paypal told me to send it back and hand the proof that I did.Then they would refund me. So, I did. Scanned the receipt from TNT and gave them the tracking number. Turns out, the Ducth postcompany does not have an agreement with the Swiss Post, so the tracking number is useless. So Paypal wouldn't refund me. No dial, no refund, go me! :victory:

Anyway, sellers name is Edelweiss2000 and his company's name is Combarieu in Switserland. Found a few complaints on him here and there.

Anyone got a bond dial...? <_<

So.. few months later, let me tell you how the story ended.

I started a Paypal dispute against him because he did not respond to my mails. After that, he did respond. Tried to get him to switch my quatz dial with auto dial. After a lot of avoiding, he finally said that all his dials are quartz, although he shows pictures of auto dials.

Finally, Paypal told me to send it back and hand the proof that I did.Then they would refund me. So, I did. Scanned the receipt from TNT and gave them the tracking number. Turns out, the Ducth postcompany does not have an agreement with the Swiss Post, so the tracking number is useless. So Paypal wouldn't refund me. No dial, no refund, go me! :victory:

Anyway, sellers name is Edelweiss2000 and his company's name is Combarieu in Switserland. Found a few complaints on him here and there.

Anyone got a bond dial...? <_<

PM Me. I have a Gen Bond dial with aged markers. Waves are awesome.

You say your building a "black" seamaster but these dials are from the blue ones. There's a seller on timeworn in the us selling a dial for the black seamaster auto ref 2254 may be worth looking at if it's the older black model you are doing.

Time zone not timeworn bloody predictive iPhone!!!