When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Forum GTG in Germany: the first DE official edition :-)

Stephane

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

changing the date makes no sense, people will say yes for the new date and cancel 2 weeks before.

I love these posts, I can make it 99%, WTF

Sounds a bit rude to me... maybe it's easy for you to plan a couple of weeks in advance, for me it isn't. Work may always come in the way on short-term notice. I don't like that, too - but that's the way it is...

No offence, maybe I just took your post the wrong way...

Cheers,

W.

Sounds a bit rude to me... maybe it's easy for you to plan a couple of weeks in advance, for me it isn't. Work may always come in the way on short-term notice. I don't like that, too - but that's the way it is...

No offence, maybe I just took your post the wrong way...

Cheers,

W.

+1 ......

Guys,

Let's calm down.

Come on.

I mentionned long time ago that I could not attend allthough I WANTED to have an autumn AND german GTG.

I feel terribly sorry for this.

That said, radio is one of my hobbies and when I have the opportunity to be live on one of the top 3 in my country I simply cannot say no but I also miss A LOT the friendly atmosphere of our GTG's.

So, for all of us who are cancelling I would suggest to respect the time and energie spent by the organisators for this German GTG.

Pls be not offended because they might be disappointed.

I fully understand their feelings.

I would finish saying: it makes absolute no sense to cancell this GTG.

I would also remind us all about this:

- GTGs are a splendid time for all.

- They also are a lot of time and efforts (even money) put by the event manager to make it happen.

- Before we commit we should be more carefull. I have no excuse. I was very surprised that the radio called me but still I should have say "I'm not free on that date". I didn't and understand that others simply cannot refuse work.

- For all of us who cancelled, we should apologize because 99% is just not enough. It's words...not commitments on one end, and it is 99% commitment on the other.

I do apologize for not being there Guru & Caruwe.

Again I should have said NO to the radio for the sunday morning show.

Let's bear in mind ...we have, we had, and we will still have great times in the future.

All the best,

Stephane

:)

I have something called Agenda : when I book a date on it, I won't plan anything else then. Makes sense.

Hotels rooms can be cancelled... except when you book the uncancellable one 'cause it's cheaper....

Anyway, everyone has good reasons to come or not. No bad feelings with that. But please, don't ask a cancellation or postponement because you can't join. Think to those who would like to meet.

There are possibilities for other GTG anytime. But cancelling 2 weeks before is not something I would welcome... at all.

Caruwe thanks for the great GTG.

The atmosphere was great and your wife arranged a nice buffet.

It was nice to meet some members if never met in person.

Looking out for the next GTG and a super lumed GMT

Thanks again

Cats