When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Graham OS Chronofighter Commander

OSRep

Hey guys.

Recently picked this up in the trade section from a great member, its the Graham Oversize Chronofighter Commande Titanium "limited edition".

Reason I bought it, well, Grahams have a very distinct design, easily recognisable from the trademark "hand grenade" looking crown protection / chrono restart trigger device thing! :D So yeah, this model has a fantastic colours against a great looking CF dial! :D

SPECS:

Movement Type: A7750

Movement Details: Hours, minutes, small seconds with full function chronograph

Dial: Carbon Fiber

Case Size: 46mm

Case Metal: Titanium

Caseback: Solid - embedded with the royal marine crown

Strap/Bracelet: Graham-stamped black rubber strap with engraved tang.

The reason I am writing this is simply because we have all heard Grahams are some of the best reps "out the box", and I just wanted to re-instate that fact. This watch is just fantastic (and just by looking at pics you can see how close it is to the gen - frighteningly close!!!).

I will outline some of the flaws that I feel stand out the most, the rest will be just a side by side pictorial review ;)

The gens not mine (just random photos from the net)

Ok, so from the face on:

1. The crown. Very cleanly machined with nice grooves, however from the pics we can see that one edge of the gen has a more defined chamfered edge, which is very slight on the rep.

2. The CF. Visually you can see the CF weave on the rep is slightly "bigger" and in a different orientation (on the dial) than to the gen. Again, this would not be noticeable if the watches arent side-by side.

3. The chrono reset button on the rep looks slightly longer and ever so slightly bigger.

Otherwise I think its pretty much spot on! The print on the dial is clean and crisp, fonts look good, hands look perfect

REP

DSC_0036-1.jpg

GEN

IMG_7336-1.jpg

REP

DSC_0011.jpg

GEN

GOSC1.jpg

]The case profile looks great! However, can see that the ends of the lugs on the gen seem more rounded. I think its just the angle of the shot so I dont think the crystal is more domed on the rep........

REP

DSC_0043.jpg

GEN

IMG_7327-1.jpg

Cant see anything wrong with the dial apart from the differences in the size and orientation of the carbon fibre??....:D

REP

DSC_0041.jpg

GEN

IMG_1098.jpg

1. The engraving on the rep looks larger and deeper. Much cleaner on the gen (but I think this is common to most of our reps).

2. The screw heads are black on the rep, silver on the gen.

REP

DSC_0044a-1.jpg

GEN

IMG_7334-1.jpg

Agan, only thing I notice is the size, detailing of the writing and logo. They all look slightly larger and less cleanly defined on the rep. In person its not bad at all, only noticeable from the side by side photos. :D

REP

DSC_0030.jpg

GEN

GOSC3.jpg

Ok, thats as far as my review writing abilites stretch on a Sunday hehe.

I conclude that the Grahams are one of the best reps out the box. It would be very difficult to be called out whilst wearing one (the differences are very minute).

Hope you enjoyed it, thanks for reading.

Further comments very welcome.

Lots more pics here:Graham Pics

Fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to put this together and post such lovely photos. I don't know if I'll ever own a Graham though I really do appreciate the work you put into this.

Cheers!

M.

Edited by mactower

Thank you for the interestind tread! :bounce:

No worries my friend, always a pleasure! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Fantastic review, thank you so much for taking the time to put this together and post such lovely photos. I don't know if I'll ever own a Graham though I really do appreciate the work you put into this.

Cheers!

M.

You are too kind with your words M :thumbsupsmileyanim: Thank you buddy. It took me a while to get round to the idea of buying a Graham, but glad I did (even if it was just for the experience)......Its a very comfortable watch to wear and very unique in design.

Cheers Philosopher - Grahams are a either you love it or hate it kinda watch! Definitely "out there" in terms of design, not very subtle at all - but thats what makes them easily distinguishable from other brands.

@Maxman: Thanks mate. Yeah I was the same. As I said in the post, the watch wears really comfortably :thumbsupsmileyanim: The crown protector doesnt get in the way or dig into your arm etc etc. Theres a link in the original post that says: "lots more pics here...." theres a wristie in there somewhere........

Rgds

Thanks strattakan. Its always good fun putting these together, quite tedious though - sourcing photos, taking photos, editing, writing etc etc etc......so its nice when members enjoy them. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Yeah thats what I thought about this Graham too, dont think I would buy any other model.....(I sold this one yday though) :whistling:

Hey Max. Thanks man. The watch actually hugs the wrist (I think because of the way the lugs are designed).....as I keep saying, surprisingly comfortable watch to wear :thumbsupsmileyanim: Haha you are too kind with your words, it wasnt a tough "review" to write as there were very little differences, but a big thank you! :victory:

Hey Max. Thanks man. The watch actually hugs the wrist (I think because of the way the lugs are designed).....as I keep saying, surprisingly comfortable watch to wear :thumbsupsmileyanim: Haha you are too kind with your words, it wasnt a tough "review" to write as there were very little differences, but a big thank you! :victory:

You sir are very welcome :drinks:

OS I think you need to sell this man... :whistling: I should have opted for one of these beauties instead of the Scarab that just cleared customs! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Oh, well, next Rep.

Hahaha, I sold it ages ago BM! :bleh: It should be in South Korea already hahaha! You can always sell the scarab (or trade it for one of these.......) :good:

You sir are very welcome :drinks:

:drinks: