When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Cartier Santos 100

redwatch

Hi guy,

I just got a Santos Ultimate with SS bracelet. Just like yours, the crystal on the crown is lighter blue in color. Which one do you think it's more accurate? Joshua doesn't sell ones with SS bracelet, I wonder if there are more than one factory making these watches... Any thoughts?

hehe, the ss on the picture is not the cartel version, that is my old PWC dial with ETA2892 modded by my watchsmith, it was the first version made from 3 diferent watches... That is why the crystal is light blue, because it is the old one modded to be smaller...

The best crystal color is the SS version, but the best size is the ultimate...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ladyluxe

Thanks red and cougaree fr sharing your review!

This is the first time I'm buying a rep watch (i never had an original :p) and I was planning for the mid sized version of your Santos. I am a complete noob and am grateful for this forum!

Do you know of there are any differences between the two other than the size of the watchface? Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I know these are "mens' size" but is there an XXL size? A few years back i recall seeing one sold by the cartel with measurements of 41 x 41 because this current offering is around 38 x38 unless someone can please correct me.

I know these are "mens' size" but is there an XXL size? A few years back i recall seeing one sold by the cartel with measurements of 41 x 41 because this current offering is around 38 x38 unless someone can please correct me.

The Santos non chrono comes in two sizes (gen): midsize - 32mm and Large - 38mm. The size refers to the side of the case and does not include CG and lugs.

The Santos chrono comes only in one size: XL - 45mm

The 38mm is the correct dimension for the large Santos 100 non chrono.

You will find different dimensions on Cartier.com but they refer to the size of the case with the CG and lugs.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I bought the Ultimate Santos from Josh a couple months ago and I don't think its the same one as the OP...the difference being the crown. In the earlier posts of the Ultimate (before 2011) it seems that the crowns do not have any gaps in the "normal" position, however on mine there is a chamfer in between which leaves a tiny gap. Anyone know anyone that can source a GEN crown in the US and someone would can mod it to fit?(an RG member did it but he is in Spain).

• 3 weeks later...

Guys

Sorry to sound so noob but is anyone knowing where to source the "right" version of the Santos 100 38x38 mm right now?

I've been offered one from one of our dealers for 320€ which sounds much too much money to me for an out of the box rep.

I would be very gratefull to hear from recent buyers of this version.

All the best,

Stephane

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...