When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DW 571 End Link Mod

davethecat

If you're reading this, you know the problems fitting the 571 links on the DW case.

I know some of the pros have tricks. Here's what worked for me. I found some gen 456B end links and tried them on the DW case..... they fit the case perfectly, but the center cut out was too wide for my gen 78350 bracelet. I took the gen B end links and compared the geometry to the DW 571's that come in the kit. The DW 571s are simply too large, leading to a bar placement that doesn't align with the case holes. My best guess is the top of the 571 is around 3mm too big, and the underside of the end link is around 2mm too big.

I used a Dremel to uniformly remove metal along the top and bottom diameters of the end link. It took several hours of grinding and fitting before I got the fit I was looking for. But it looks amazing

Be patient. Dont over-grind. But this approach works.

If you're reading this, you know the problems fitting the 571 links on the DW case.

I know some of the pros have tricks. Here's what worked for me. I found some gen 456B end links and tried them on the DW case..... they fit the case perfectly, but the center cut out was too wide for my gen 78350 bracelet. I took the gen B end links and compared the geometry to the DW 571's that come in the kit. The DW 571s are simply too large, leading to a bar placement that doesn't align with the case holes. My best guess is the top of the 571 is around 3mm too big, and the underside of the end link is around 2mm too big.

I used a Dremel to uniformly remove metal along the top and bottom diameters of the end link. It took several hours of grinding and fitting before I got the fit I was looking for. But it looks amazing

Be patient. Dont over-grind. But this approach works.

reading on this great info . some photos would be better