When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Project 1665

ubiquitous

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've touched base with a friend to start obtaining several of the small bits :)

Ubi have you thought about what movement you are going to use? You dont want to spend all that money on a 1570 do you? You should install one of those new Asian copy 3135 movements or better yet a nice quartz movement!

:whistling:

(Im secretly trying to sabatoge this project because I havent even seen it yet, and Im already jelous!)

What case are you using? Im dying of suspense here!

:clapping:

Right place at the right time, I suppose. When I saw it, it was an impulse buy... Price was low enough that I didn't give it a second thought... Cause if I did, someone else would have it in their parts box now instead of me...

Man, are you so right about that!! Good stuff over on the VRF marketplace literally is gone in seconds . Some of those guys mush have a constant refresh feature on their computers and sit there all day long waiting to scarf up the good stuff.

Goood luck with your builds :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Project 1665 has been kinda left on the back burner for now; the 1016 kinda took over as a quick hit/short term priority, and I've also somehow managed to line up a new Panerai project as well.

I don't have a whole lot left to do on project 1665- Just need to find a decent caliber 1570 and order up my case. Find a 93150 and put it all together. Definitely within sight. Just need to get focused on it I suppose...

• 5 months later...

Well, I guess I'm at somewhat of a crossroads with this project. I've been sitting on these parts for close to a year now... I've had several opportunities to finish it, but somehow I always end up finding somethng else to do instead (i.e. my motivation for this project has virtually been non-existant). I can finish it up... But since I already have a dive Rolex with He Valve, I feel as though a 1665 is... Redundant?

I dunno... Maybe it's time to just finish it up. Or... Maybe I'll contemplate it just a bit further while I work on something else in the meantime...

No idea why I've been dragging my feet. Perhaps it's because the initiation of the project began with the dial finding me, instead of vice versa...

//ubi

what you need is a bit of red and some patent pending + superdone. I was surprised how much I liked the superdome when I got my PT case set. It just makes the watch looks so whole. But then I broke the crystal hahhaa and put on the service t39. The PT case though, needs a ton of mods, especially on the CG, rehaut (height and diameter) and lugs. But it's well worth it and just so good.

Edited by praetor