When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM236 Review - Rep236K (a7753 version) vs. Gen236i

bollobandit

It's been awhile since I did a review and this one was pretty damn hard. Honestly as I was uploading pics I could not tell which was the rep and gen :lol: ...this rep is that good. Thankfully I didn't mod the crown pin as it was a good give away however once this easy mod is done it's going to be a killer.

The 236 or 250 (without ss bracelet) is one of my favourite pams. I was fortunate to pick up a gen earlier this year. The version I have is the "i" which I believe was released 2005/6 and the rep (that is being compared) is the "k" version which was released in 2009.

The biggest difference from gen "i" and "k" are the following;

- the 236i has lug cut outs as seen in this pic

IMG_6943.jpg

- the 236k does not have lug cut outs however it has lug/bar quick snap pusher as seen in this pic

IMG_6944.jpg

- of course the 236i does not have roller lever and the k does :)

Now that we know the differences between the "i" and "k" let's move on to the comparison between the REP "k" version vs. the GEN "i" version. Please note the gen is always on the left and rep is on the right.

IMG_6926.jpg

Looks pretty close...2 very minor items 1) the lever pin on the rep could be flatten...a very easy fix 2) the DW on the gen is a tad bolder

IMG_6928.jpgIMG_6929.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

The crystal on the rep has a very slightly purple tint.

IMG_6934.jpgIMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6957.jpg

The cg and crown looks pretty good

IMG_6935.jpgIMG_6936.jpg

IMG_6937.jpgIMG_6938.jpg

IMG_6945.jpgIMG_6946.jpg

IMG_6959.jpgIMG_6958.jpg

The caseback - the engraving could be shaper and deeper

IMG_6939.jpgIMG_6940.jpg

The side date adjuster

IMG_6961.jpgIMG_6960.jpg

How flush is the DW you ask...please judge for yourself ;)

IMG_7004.jpgIMG_7006.jpg

It's about a hairline difference from the gen. IMO it's great and no one can tell - even with both on hand to compare.

IMG_7005.jpgIMG_7007.jpg

The bracelet

IMG_6962.jpgIMG_6963.jpg

IMG_6966.jpgIMG_6967.jpg

IMG_6969.jpgIMG_6968.jpg

IMG_6970.jpg

Wrist shot

IMG_6971.jpgIMG_6972.jpg

Overall -IMO this is the best out of the box pam out there and for the price it's a no brainer. I'll get the CP flatten/polished soon and besides that it's all it needs.

Thanks for looking guys :cowboy:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollo-

Fabulous review. Overall it looks fantastic. Must be the best out of the box PAM rep. Although that date is definitely based on a 7750 rather than 7753 it definitely passes the visual test - huge improvement over the A7750. I really have to look closely to see the difference. The CG looks to be another story. Wrong shaped lever and hole in the cg body and the funny part is that it is probably more effort to machine the curved top of the cg lever versus the flat on the gen. Pick up a gen cg for the rep and sell the gen. :lol: