When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM236 Review - Rep236K (a7753 version) vs. Gen236i

bollobandit

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollo-

Fabulous review. Overall it looks fantastic. Must be the best out of the box PAM rep. Although that date is definitely based on a 7750 rather than 7753 it definitely passes the visual test - huge improvement over the A7750. I really have to look closely to see the difference. The CG looks to be another story. Wrong shaped lever and hole in the cg body and the funny part is that it is probably more effort to machine the curved top of the cg lever versus the flat on the gen. Pick up a gen cg for the rep and sell the gen. :lol:

Haha....thanks bud. Honestly I picked up the rep to see what all the hype was about and have to say it's exceeded my expectation but at the end we all know a gen is a gen :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great review!!!

The side by sides do really help as already mentioned.

A few questions if I may.

What do the quick pushers near th lugs acctualy do?

How do you set the date with the recessed pusher?

How is the rep lume, I know no where near the gen but any better than typical rep?

I take it all of the new daylights 163, 196, 236, and 250 should all be pretty much even in terms of accuracy. I am realy liking the panda dial of the 163.

I don't think the accuracy will be the same. Some have the wrong crown guard(162 for sure, perhaps 188 and 196 depending on series number). Some probably have wrong millesimation on the case back (xxx/500 when it should be 1500, etc.) and I also suspect different dials will be more accurate than others. I know that on the 162 it is still unclear whether the sub dials are exactly the right color. So pick carefully. But yes the overall quality should be about the same except that QC pics have shown some pieces to have better aligned crown guards than others, etc. The quick pusher changes the date. It requires a tool of some form to push the little button. A pencil actually suffices. :lol:

So you should decide on your favorite one and research it. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The key thing on all these PAM reps with Asian 7753s as you get them is to get them serviced straight away, its worth the extra wait!! I say that more so than I would with the other rep movements although its always advisable :thumbsupsmileyanim: