When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new 5513 from Reg --- Note Customs Issue

Rolexious

I just received my first MBW from Reg since Eurotimez is no longer in business. I fortunately had good luck with Chris having received a 1680 White, DRSD and GWSD. Of course I "needed" the no date 5513. So here it is.

Warning----was held up in US Customs for 3 days at LAX and for the first time in my rep experience opened up the entire package and affixed the green US Customs and Border Protection tape around each previously sealed envelope from Reg. He packed the watch in a felt pouch, inside an MBK shopping bag, inside an envelope which was inside a EMS plastic shipper. Even created a fictional person with my last name as sender.

Has anyone else encountered this? I got lucky, Customs must have thought it was genuine. It DOES look the part. But WHEW! dodged a bullet there.

Note: I posted this on RG as well. Thought others should be aware that customs will occasionally open our hidden treasures.....

post-17368-095788600 1285283304.jpgpost-17368-034633700 1285283306.jpgpost-17368-017935600 1285283305.jpg

Ive had lots of my watches opened and inspected, resealed and sent on their way.

Maybe their equipment heard the "ticking" and they opened it to make sure it wasnt a bomb

lol

A lot of time they open it to verify the contents, and once they see it actually is a watch, they just seal it back up without even reading what it says on the face. Thats why i never lie on the customs form. If you send a watch and write "VCR remote control" on the customs slip, you will probably lose your item when they open it.

lucky they didnt call you on it... wonder exactly what they "inspected" then :p

set the time and wear it a couple days-week then try to pull the crown to the hack position, let me know if your movement jams, recent issue with MBK shipments that seems to only effect 5513s, been busy fixing all my inventory with parts ordered from ETA.

@highoeyazmuhudee - Funny, my MBW 5513 from you had the Rotor fall off the bearing race. I simply replaced it with a gen rotor assembly. QC is lacking it appears these days.

yep, MBK is headaches these days, poor QC on movements, modded movements, and seagul movements being sold as genuine ETA in their models, its not worth it to sell running watches since you cant guarantee theyre mechanically sound, this i've come to learn. only buy parts or put in your own movement is what i would recommend. the problem with their 5513 is that they modify the movement and remove a few parts that they dont see as necessary to its function, but they dont understand how it interacts and jams up the keyless works, every 5513 i've gotten recently has had this problem without exception. i've learned by observation and corrected dozens now and they all perform as they should, resetting the keyless works just does literally that, its not a fix. most recently i've just been swapping in some 2846s since i just buy cases, seeing as how most people dont use the dial and there are better bracelets or even go nato.

@highoeyazmuhudee - Funny, my MBW 5513 from you had the Rotor fall off the bearing race. I simply replaced it with a gen rotor assembly. QC is lacking it appears these days.

I had the same problem with mine too!

edit: mine came used from a super dude! Quick and easy fix though.

Edited by miquel

Seems Border Protection and Custom's use the same tape. Cost effective appearantly. A good thing :)

If Customs opened the package, they would either confiscate it, or when taken as genuine goods they'd tax it as they seem fit.

On a side note, you might want to edit Reg out of the title, seems he has no relation whatsoever with the examination of the package.