When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

my little Little Hero Pam 111i review

Star69

first - sorry for my bad English - i do my best to make it understandable ;)

this is a review of an very expensive - probably overpriced replica - is it worth the $$$z ?

read on :

so Little Hero ? well - he is a dealer / watchmaker over @ Repgeek -

you should check his section there out - but don't expect to find much information 8)

he is a living mystery :g:

so - how is the damn watch ? ...

a little disappointing - yes - i expected more for the money ...

let the pictures speak :

the good :

IMG_4910.jpg

it looks very gen like - hard to get called out at this one -

see the pictures versus an gen 112G.

one weak-point in the rep-Pam-world , the horrible blue AR is fixed in the latest version.

very nice - btw the gen 112G has much stronger blue AR (only@ the G-series in the gen world)

the dial is very very good - lume is also gen-like - very nice.

some pics of the case VS gen :

IMG_4921.jpg

IMG_4915.jpg

IMG_4918.jpg

the highlight is the movement - very very nice - at least good enough for me :)

same goes to the case-back - finally not the usual standard H-Series serial # ..

IMG_4920.jpg

next his famous CG

IMG_4911.jpg

i like his crown even more ;)

as you can see the CG is close - but leaves still room for improvement ...

the bad :

the crown is not spring-loaded like the gen :

IMG_4922.jpg

the whole handling is very very bad - the CG feels unfinished - a lot of sharp edges here - :(

in fact i was not able to set the time at all - everything felt shitty in this department.

the case has some unexpected problems - like older DSN cases i have trouble to use thick leather straps -

looks like the lugs are too short ? :bangin:

the screws of the CGs could sit better too - will probably try to find longer screws or a new case.

the ugly :

nothing here ;)

meanwhile i have fitted a T48 SL crown and tweaked the CG a little bit :

LH crown left - T48SL right :

IMG_5445.jpg

IMG_5451.jpg

conclusion :

im a little disappointed - for the price-tag i expected perfection ...

the parts are very nice - but the assembly could be better :p

hope you liked my little review ....

cheers,

Frank

and the LH111 on my wrist :)

IMG_5438.jpg

Good review, Frank! And great comparison shots as well! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

As I happen to know this LH 111 quite well... I totally agree with you. The finish of CG is just not good enough. And the T48 crown is a huge improvement imo!

P.S.: I was really wondering about the strong blue AR on the gen 112... so this is normal for the G series?

Cheers,

Whatever123

I think you must of been unlucky with yours mate.... I have had a few LHs more recently the 111i SE, I have to say your comments are specific to yours. Certainly my version was not comparable to yours in terms of the flaws you mention in comparison to the gen.

I can only think that yours is on the back of his winding down from modding..... but who knows thats the rep world for you ;)

Thanks for the review! Expensive to say the least and for the price tag, it should be pretty close to perfection.

I have LH's CG on my 112 and I had to file the base down to get it fitted as close as possible. Keep in mind, OCD doesn't help...I've spent more time on my 112 than any other watch. But, on the other hand, I fitted another one of his CG's to a Pre-V case, and the CG fit PERFECTLY!!!

Looks good on ya! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Thanks for the review! Expensive to say the least and for the price tag, it should be pretty close to perfection.

I have LH's CG on my 112 and I had to file the base down to get it fitted as close as possible. Keep in mind, OCD doesn't help...I've spent more time on my 112 than any other watch. But, on the other hand, I fitted another one of his CG's to a Pre-V case, and the CG fit PERFECTLY!!!

Looks good on ya! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks !

kind o funny - his CG and crown fit better on stock rep cases - here on the 005 :

IMG_5442.jpg

the problem is to find an other case like that - the Getat-case i have here has a too high crown position ...

The shape of LH CG is much fitted A series especial for 5218-20XA project because it thick enough and round enough, but some DSN case and CG are also pretty good. But when I saw a cost USD180 CG's back side the CG pin wasn't long enough so you saw an hole on back of CG. It's not worth USD180 just for a only good shape CG...I rather buy a mint gen OEM JV gator or Kevin/BigB ammo strap.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems LH has changed his case from mine as I have no issues fitting thick straps to mine.

P1010663.jpg

I've also changed the crystal to (not accurate to gen) double AR Taka coating, relumed dial and hands, movement service, CG refinished. Technically for the I series we're also meant to have a polished caseback, but I've not gotten around to doing that yet.

Seems LH has changed his case from mine as I have no issues fitting thick straps to mine.

I've also changed the crystal to (not accurate to gen) double AR Taka coating, relumed dial and hands, movement service, CG refinished. Technically for the I series we're also meant to have a polished caseback, but I've not gotten around to doing that yet.

yours look great - still crazy how many mods are necessary at this price tag ;)

Hi Frank If Imay ask. What strap is on the middle picture. Tha light tan colour. I will be please if you could tell me who makes it and the description of it.

Thank you

its always the same strap ;) from Simona - ... its suede with patina ;) and Photoshop :)

here 1 more pic:

IMG_5601.jpg

cheers,

Frank