When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pictorial - DW Tudor 7032 Monte Carlo (built by Spinmaster)

burnz

after waiting several months for DW to refine and finalise his Tudor 7032, not to mention months sourcing for some rare gen parts, i finally got the 7032 build completed.

big thanks to Spinmaster for his outstanding work, considering that a fair bit of modding work is required to fit some of the gen parts.

anyway, here's the lowdown of what went in:

- DW 7032 caseset, dial & hands

- dial and hands lightly aged by Spin

- Valjoux 7734 movement with correct 45-minute chrono counter and black datewheel color font for all dates

- gen T128 cyclope tropic crystal

- gen 24-703 crown and tube (somewhat correct as RSC typically replaces the original 24-700 crown with the 703 if servicing/repair is required; but i currently have a gen 24-700 crown and marsupilami tube en route)

- gen 7836 folded link bracelet (still looking for 380 endlinks for it)

so i think it's about 95% done. only left to fit in the original 24-700 twinlock crown, 380 endlinks and a set of gen springbars. then it'll be complete :thumbsupsmileyanim:

not to blatantly advertise Spin's services, but if you want to build this bad boy, Spin's your man! :clapping:

don't wanna steal the thunder from this beauty, so i'll leave my Tudor Heritage Chrono out of this pictorial till a later time. so enjoy!!

DSC02278.jpg

DSC02279.jpg

DSC02280.jpg

DSC02281.jpg

DSC02282.jpg

DSC02283.jpg

DSC02284.jpg

DSC02285.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice built burnz!

For your current endlinks on your 7836, what endlinks do you have on there? 358s?

1970s [380] endlinks are one piece endlink with no centre holes, so you will need a proficient guy to install the 380s on your 7836s. :)

Excellent condition 380s will sit slightly more flushed to the case, but from your pics, your current endlinks look just fine!

Got a pair of not so good condition 7836 with 380s and the endlinks will not sit so flushed to the case.

Always love the MC, and this is a beauty I must say - recessed 2-registers is what I was hoping to see on the revised dials.

Great work done by Spin!! Gotta call him when I fly back into the Lion city.

I will help you hunt down a pair of gen 380s, to make this more complete. Email me alright?

thanks PreV! i didn't know about the lack of pinholes on the 380 ELs (learn something new everyday!).

currently i have 358 ELs on mine and like u said, the fit is not too shabby and quite flush to the case.

the DW 7032 dial actually has recessed subdials, and the recessed ring on the outer edge of the subdials are quite obvious under certain lighting angle.

although i believe the gen 7032 dial has a sloping bevel on the 3 o'clock minute counter subdial, similar to my Heritage Chrono (see pic below).

so unfortunately the DW dial still does not have this sloping bevel, although i must add that the DW dial is very well done as a whole and the texture of the dial surface is very gen-like.

see sloping bevel in the 3'clock subdial on my heritage chrono:

DSC02212.jpg

Edited by burnz

Would you mind sharing what this build set you back?

estimated cost including gen parts and labour cost is about US$1700.

i should prob add that i managed to source for the movement and gen crystal at very good prices, though the gen bracelet didn't come cheap.

so your mileage may vary, also depending on how whether you want to go the gen route on certain parts.