When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Tribute to the Watchmaster

JoJo35

I never bought anything from him, but I do remember him.

When was he around, about 6 years ago?

He was also known for his vintage Submariners, yes?

I wonder what ever happened to him?

Great watch indeed!

But i'm wondering.....am i the only one a little bit nervous about the inscription in the back? I've seen this a couple of days ago for the first time on a rep site, and honestly, i was a bit disturbed. I know, history is not sth that should come into this hobby thing, but this is a bit too much. Keller was a guy who in FEBRUARY 1945 assembled 16 men with him to destroy bridges and fight the russians, even if the war was allready certainly lost! So let's say he was on of these who fought until the f***g end for the nazis...let's remember, end of war was May 8th.

I don't wanna be a jerk, but i think this is important to know before putting on this watch...

had to dig very deep - but here are 2 watches i got from him...

Thanks for posting up Frank. It seems so long ago that Kenzo's watches were around. I wonder what ever happened to all his watches? I guess probably either parted out for better reps, or became a part of someone's collection somewhere. By-Tor did an interesting review of a watchmaster here.

Great watch indeed!

But i'm wondering.....am i the only one a little bit nervous about the inscription in the back? I've seen this a couple of days ago for the first time on a rep site, and honestly, i was a bit disturbed. I know, history is not sth that should come into this hobby thing, but this is a bit too much. Keller was a guy who in FEBRUARY 1945 assembled 16 men with him to destroy bridges and fight the russians, even if the war was allready certainly lost! So let's say he was on of these who fought until the f***g end for the nazis...let's remember, end of war was May 8th.

I don't wanna be a jerk, but i think this is important to know before putting on this watch...

In my opinion more German words on a watch almost always makes it better. It's sort of like flashing lights on a stereo. :-)

Evil is contained in actions and intent. It does not contaminate objects, certainly not rep objects.

I think it's positive for these relics or rep relics to be around. It made me take five minutes today to think about Die Einsatzgrueppe.

• 4 weeks later...

Kenzo did back then some amazing looking vintage Panerai..I believe he did the 1st Vintage with the Angelus SF240 mvt..

I have recently seen one of his creations posted FS on TimeZone

Tnx for posting the pic, that's a lovely watch..

here is the one FS at TZ - the seller adjusted the price - pity my funds are tight at the moment otherwise I'd consider getting it..

http://forums.timezo...510#msg_5337259

the seller says that it was received two months ago by Kenzo - I didn't know he was still building these!!! :o

Edited by dadog13

Great watch indeed!

I'm with you on this. There was an interesting thread that discussed this very issue recently. You can look at it here.