When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

pvd pron

rkdk

Just recently got my watches back from Rollis pvd service, and damn they turned out beautiful.

Both my pam 28a and my 04b have been transformed into the watches i always wanted them to be.

Here is a comparison shot with my gen 009 in the middle

post-5582-020488500 1286028852.jpg

post-5582-079183500 1286028893.jpg

The pvd came out a bit darker than the 009, but it just needs a bit of wearing and it will be perfect.

Here is the 028.

Rollis watchsmith installed a gen crown i had, and did a fantastisc job on fitting all the parts. It feels perfect.

post-5582-092377000 1286029043.jpg

Here is the 004

The crown i had on the 004, didnt survive the removal of the old pvd, so off course as the champ he is, Rolli sourced a new pvd crown for me.

post-5582-007844900 1286029168.jpg

And here is the 009. Just thought id add it to equasion :-)

post-5582-049284300 1286029231.jpg

Its been a long journey for these watches, and i must say Rolli has been a true gentlemen. He has been extremely helpfull in his guidance. For anyone considering using hes pvd service, i give him my highest recomendations.

Thank you so much for your help with these watches :-)

Rkdk

post-5582-007928600 1286028926.jpg

Must say, these watches are absolutely fantastic. they just feel right.

Does anyone know what the differences in pvd coating color is in the different series (pre-v, a,B)? Ive been trying to read up on it, but its so hard to find any info on this topic.

My gen 009 is lighter, and more grey in the tone, but ive seen them a lot darker too.

Just had a watch PVD'ed by Rolli (for a Pre-V project) and it's also turned out brilliantly. The colour is the perfect lead shade, and having seen other PVD watches from just about every after-market PVD service offered on these forums, I have no hesitation in saying Rolli genuinely does offer the best quality and finish, especially for the old-school PVD colour!

Just had a watch PVD'ed by Rolli (for a Pre-V project) and it's also turned out brilliantly. The colour is the perfect lead shade, and having seen other PVD watches from just about every after-market PVD service offered on these forums, I have no hesitation in saying Rolli genuinely does offer the best quality and finish, especially for the old-school PVD colour!

And he is a nice bloke and very helpful :thumbsupsmileyanim:

The whole package!!

Is it possible for us to see the pic of your pre-v project? I'd like to see how pre-V PVD is exectued..

many members have the pvd service from me.

for years...

rolli

Beautiful work rolli. :) Do you pvd bracelets? I would like to put a bracelet on a Super Avenger Black steel. I know the finish wont match 100% but do you think It would be close? How do you think It would match up to the "Black Steel" case,thanks :drinks:

Beautiful work rolli. :) Do you pvd bracelets? I would like to put a bracelet on a Super Avenger Black steel. I know the finish wont match 100% but do you think It would be close? How do you think It would match up to the "Black Steel" case,thanks :drinks:

I think you would find the DLC a better match mate. But for certainty why not just get the whole watch done. After all the rep coating is close but not a gen match. :)

Avitt posted some pics on his gallery of a bracelet coating

i don't know whether our pvd color would match the breitling blacksteel color.

for the pam cases we have special adjustments and blasting procedures which influence the color,

but this is made for the prev, prea, a+b serie

but in the near future we will offer the dlc coating and i think this would be more the color result for the blacksteel color.

rolli

I think you would find the DLC a better match mate. But for certainty why not just get the whole watch done. After all the rep coating is close but not a gen match. :)

Avitt posted some pics on his gallery of a bracelet coating

I should have thought that,makes more sense,thanks :drinks:

i don't know whether our pvd color would match the breitling blacksteel color.

for the pam cases we have special adjustments and blasting procedures which influence the color,

but this is made for the prev, prea, a+b serie

but in the near future we will offer the dlc coating and i think this would be more the color result for the blacksteel color.

rolli

Thanks rolli,the dlc coating Is a much better approach :drinks:

wow.. what CG do you use on those watches?

They are more accurate than the LH cg for pre vs?

and it seems about same with avitt dlc coating color. Do you see the diffence in person?

The crown guard on the 028 is the standart one, on the 004, an aftermarket one was installed, but i cant remember wich one. The 009 just has the gen one :-)

I havent compared to the avitt dlc color, but i did compare the 028 to the reissue of the 026 the other day. The new 026 (that has the dlc coating) is a tad darker in the tone. There is definetly a difference there.