When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Panerai 162 with the a773! pics with mini review

Guest jsuperman17

Guest jsuperman17

here is greatest moment in panera rep history!

IMG_0420.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0422.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0429.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

Here's my take.... the dial is well made.. not the best but good enuff in my opinion... the numerals should be a bit thicker so should the date font... but no one will really notice... the feel of the watch is heavy... the subdials is slight off..

here's a gen pic...

Panerai162WristFace1.jpg

the AR on mine isnt so as heavy as the gen... also the subdial hands are bit short... the datewheel is not sunken at all!!! but other than that the rep is amazing! this is the panerai of the year guys... i used king for this purchase and my last 80 thousand purchases :cool: ... she qc'ed before shipping by regulating and send me pics before sending it out... i opted for the 162 since i like a different color subdial to show the contrast... so my advice to you guys... get one!!! this will go down in history as one of the best replicated chronos ever...

Well done mate, Congratulations. Wear it well.

Its just such a shame the subs still arent right, bit like the difference in the 088 options. Of course there are the other differences but these are pretty consistent across all the new Asian 7753 PAMs out. Overall the others are still the best OTB chrono PAMs around at the moment.

Unlike the other new options to me these sub dials are still a clear tell from distance. That gen shot is overlit from the flash and makes the dials look much lighter than they actually are again like the 088s can look.

Sorry mate I am not trying to [censored] yours off just my own HPOV on these.

This Is a very nice rep but I dont know about the best out right now.The only noticeable flaw for my eye Is the sub dial color. When I saw the first pics of this rep It looked like the sub dials were off,I thought It might have been the lighting. Reguardless, It's a very nice rep,I hope you enjoy It for years to come :drinks:

Ther date window is too far into the dial as well. On the genuine,if you draw and extend a line through the triangle of the 4, it will exactly cover the bottom edge of the date window. The rep window is maybe a couple of mm off. This is probably one of those "tells" that only a Panerai WIS could detect, and only if he had the watch in his hand.

I can't take credit for this find, I saw this in another post on the forum.

Hey A-

Good to see you around. Yeah the movement and date wheel placement isn't perfect but still massive improvement over the A7750 and the rep is under $400. Can't tell you how much money I dumped into making four of those 7753's. :lol:

Still eagerly awaiting the Ziggy teardown. I know there is one on the way to him.

All the best,

W

It is a great rep. I too share the same concern on the sub-dials but it is always really hard to tell as the sub-dials change drastically depending the light and the angle. I didn't take this pic but this was always one of my favorites and I thought a good base for comparison.

162cu2.jpg

Is that a 24/7 shot going by that background ;)

For me sub-dials are much too light. I was always under the impression that they were Anthracite on the genuine (apparently not, but still much darker).

I don't think the sub-dials are that far off. The sub-dials on the gen are neither flat painted nor truly metallic like an 88 for instance. I would love to get my hands on a dial and see it. I suspect a touch of flat matte spray (which I used on the original white background 7753 Panda dial with stunning results) would likely tone it down perfectly.

Ooohhh !!! I do love Anthracite :) The day the reppers get that right, I will buy the whole stock ;)

WM is of course right those dials do look so different in varying light but just like the rep 088s they stand out from a distance as the watch moves about

Heres some other 162s I dug out from the 'I wish I had one' archive !!! ....

• 2 months later...