When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

OMEGA speedmaster moonwatch 42mm

chronobam

hi

im a newbie on this forum..im form italy (sorry for my bad english)

im writin' because im tryin' to find a good replica

1:1 for the omega speedmaster moonwatch.

have you had or can you tell me where i can to find a good replica of it?

thanks to all

regards from italy ;)

The issue is that the movements used CURRENTLY in the moon watch (not currently available...I'll explain later) have a wider subdial spacing layout than the gen (either the Seagull ST19 aka Lemania/Venus manual wind or a7750 modded movement).

There is a current version of the A7750 with a narrow subdial spacing movement which would produce an accurate layout, but watches using this movement have been limited to the PO Chrono, a Constellation double eagle or something like that...and possible a couple others...but not the Moon watch...stay tuned!!

BTW...the incorrect subdial spacing ones are still really nice watches...and with the Seagull movement, although it uses an "incorrect" display back...gens did in fact come with a display back in 1967, and the Seagull movement is really quite nice to look at.

If I were you I would really consider getting a gen. These can be bought for ~1000€ in pretty good condition (even on bracelet) and there are literally tons in the market so if you hunt around (and save up) a little you can easily get a bargain. Even if you don't like it (very doubtful) you can easily sell it without much loss.

My 35th anniversary model says hello :)

I also don't get, why THEY don't release moonie with a7750 narrow subdial. They can get make right PO chrono, they can modify a7750 to be manual wind (some pam models), so they can sum it up and make a perfect moonie :)

The issue is that the movements used CURRENTLY in the moon watch (not currently available...I'll explain later) have a wider subdial spacing layout than the gen (either the Seagull ST19 aka Lemania/Venus manual wind or a7750 modded movement).

There is a current version of the A7750 with a narrow subdial spacing movement which would produce an accurate layout, but watches using this movement have been limited to the PO Chrono, a Constellation double eagle or something like that...and possible a couple others...but not the Moon watch...stay tuned!!

doesnt exist.

if youre after the mechanical version this is the best to expect

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43703575@N05/sets/72157624860081812/

the mechanical 'reduced' version seems more accurate even

quartz version seems most visually accurate... but its a quartz...it has no soul.

but the speedmaster in your pics is quarz or mechanical?

but the speedmaster in your pics is quarz or mechanical?

yes, mine is the seagul ST19 mech hand wind. i did mod it however with a plexy crystal and the rehaut airbrushing... and sub dial freeze.

i bought mine from eurotimez for $380, who is allegedly no longer a dealer. all dealers should be able to source the rep, HOWEVER there ARE different versions from different factories with slight variations on dial print and bezel print. at the time i chose eurotimez because he had the more accurate printed dial and bezel insert.

• 10 years later...
On 10/4/2010 at 4:07 PM, highoeyazmuhudee said:

doesnt exist.

if youre after the mechanical version this is the best to expect

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43703575@N05/sets/72157624860081812/

the mechanical 'reduced' version seems more accurate even

quartz version seems most visually accurate... but its a quartz...it has no soul.

Necro post alert! I hope you are still around here mate, which version was this and for how much did it sell 11 years ago? the album you've shared had a very nice looking setup, the bracelet looks genuine as well!