When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

new DSSD auth band?

chris32111

Ive noticed the DSSD that I had was a different color steel from my MBW watches. I found the DSSD was a greyish color compared to the brighter white steel of a Breitling rep for example. There seem to be 3 types of stainless used in rep watches ( I cant remember the numbers) but they are white, blueish/yellow and greyish. Even when you polish them out, they have a slightly different hue in the sunlight. This is one problem I find when mixing and matching rep bracelets and clasps. Some stainless is even a duller more "aluminum" looking color.

I think the bright one (Breitling and old rolex) is the 316 stainless and Rolex now uses 904L on the newer watches which has a little more nickle in it so its a little more yellow/blue.

Im sure someone here can explain it better. Other than the color, I dont see what she would have called out on your watch. Other than the fact that you are wearing a hard to get $9,000 rolex. I hope you didnt wear it into a Auth rolex dealer because that is a no no.

dizz

I have had my DSSD tested when it was serviced, to be sure it's waterproof .. I shower with it on and MAN is it clean and shiny when I get out.

You can also use Cape Cod metal polishing cloths on it to chemically clean it .. be very gentle on the bracelet tho since the cloth is a polishing cloth and will wear away the "brushed" finish !! Just get the cleaning chemical on there and only rub hard on the mirror polished surfaces.