When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Finding Nemo (aka "Slevin")

sykesy69

So I seem to have found me a new obsession. After waiting patiently for what feels like 2 months for a sniff of this new HBB All Black II from the V5 factory and the reluctance of anybody pulling the trigger on the AP ROO Grey Themes, I've given up on these and turned back to my love of the understated IWC.

I had seen the image before in the AP ROO: Gen vs Rep Comparison, where he compares the Lume of the Gen AP ROO to the The Zigmeister lumed Slevin. I didn't understand what he was talking when naming it the "Slevin" :unsure: .

DSC_0665.jpg

Hours and hours of research inevitably turned into a burning obsession which lead me to finding prices for a full lume service, eta day & date wheels and Chief AR, without even sourcing the watch.

First I message PreciousTime, who tells me he could get it in Rubber but they don't make the watches any more and would have to wait for stock of the SS bracelet that I actually wanted. So I then messages the Cartel. As you would expect Connie was the first to hit me back saying "they no longer make this watch, you care to choose another?". No I don't want to choose another I want a SS/SS Slevin!!!

Next Josh gets back to me asking for the code of the watch from his site, with Andrew hot on his heels with the same question, followed by Tony confirming what everybody else has already said (ohh no).

Night turned into morning with pointless replies from Josh and Andrew, so I e-mail Angus and wait. Andrew sends me a message with some prices and tells me I can pay through pp, does this mean he has what I want (please say he does). We go back and forth about prices for an additional Rubber strap. While this us happening Josh and Angus break me the bad news (this does not look good!!!)

I make payment to Andrew, trying not to think about whether he has enticed me into making a payment before fully check his stock.

I've just received my consignment number e-mail so I should be slightly happier. But it came with a ominous message "Sometimes there might be instances where items are not in stocks but we will inform you ASAP on this."

So only time will tell, fingers crossed and wish me luck!!!

So the purpose of the story is to tell us you want to put out a Want to Buy for a bracelet Slevin? Then put out a WTB for a Slevin. :lol:

:wounded1: I will be putting out an APB (WTB) on the Slevin, I think it's my only hope right now!!! I know everyone says that the main thing you need in this hobby is patience, defo not one of my strongest traits...

But after you've told someone the exact thing you want on at least 5 occassions and they still get it all wrong, you need more than patience...

It is sad that they no longer make this rep, it is such a nice rep. If PreciousTime has the rubber version in stock, why not get it first then source the SS bracelet else where later?

PreciousTime also got back to me yesterday after me asking to check for definite if he can get it, guess what the answer was...

No worries as it seems as though I've managed to bag the one that Watchmeister so masterfully found for me.

Also I tried to push Tony from Asian7750 to tell the factories to make another run, after a long period of time he came back and told me that it may happen in around 3-4 months, but no promises...

Wow... They discontinued this thing??

IMG_9996.jpg

IMG_8355.jpg

I rarely ever wear mine, but I'm glad I held onto it!

Damn I love seeing pics like this, gets me excited all over again...

Is that stock, no mods because it looks like a beaut!!!

Nanuq - Nemo has been found safe and sound and is on his way home, the poor fella.. It's gonna be one re-union :bounce:

I have just e-mailed Mary if she can a Slevin for me, the reply was 'yes there is, within 2 days' so looks like I might get lucky on this one. :D

Good look with this bro... I can only remember how I felt when Andrew said that he could get me this watch, only for me dreams to be dashed!!!

What info did you give Mary, as she came straight back to me and told me the factories stopped making these. They did have the Cousteau Divers, with the Rubber strap available. But it's by no means the same watch...

95ff7a73a691eb061d69cf10a6df8f056g.jpg

Hey sykesy:D has Nemo reached home yet? Can't wait for awesome pictures from you :clapping:

I showed her the link to the rubber slevin then asked if the correct size was 42mm for that one and she said yes, and its possible to get within 2 days. Perhaps she might try to source it somewhere else than her usual places?:S Anyway, could be just wishful thinking. lol

Edited by Synephrine