When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Yacht Master Vintage

AMK000

Guys ,

This RX YM (vintage ???) from Sash , has this setup:

http://www.replicacollector.com/members/in...showtopic=25996

The only gen that I have found is:

http://www.blowers-jewellers.co.uk/images2...aster_16623.htm

Does a genuine exists with SS bezel / band and silver rings around the black dots ?????

Thanks for the input

AMK000

Well I was reffering more about the dial rather than the case and band.

There is no true "rolesium" on any rep any way.

Term Rolesium:

Rolex term to identify: case/bracelet configuration of Stainless Steel and Platinum.

Genuine RX YMs are produced (I think):

- SS band and White gold case amd mid links

- SS band and yellow gold case and mid links

- Full gold (yellow)

... any way , considering the number of flaws on the watch (rep) ..... is not to be excited any way.

Genuine RX YMs are produced (I think):

- SS band and White gold case amd mid links

- SS band and yellow gold case and mid links

- Full gold (yellow)

The yachtmaster Rolesium is all SS except for the dial and bezel which are both platinum. The white dial never came on a SS yacht or any SS Rolex for that matter besides the datejust, daytona and explorer II.

amk,

there are only a few dials with the combo you indicate... 18K gold fitted with black markers (but also gold retaining rings) and TT's which as you point out have the black marker+ss ring. I have also seen several exotic YMs with SS ring, usually used to retain precious stone (ruby, diamond, etc) on ss case and bracelet. I own a black marker with ss ring on white MOP dial, in addition to a blue faced YM... both are among my favorites. For some reason, i never found the rolesium particularly attractive -- the sparkling dial reminded me too much of a christmas tree ornament.

Technically, the only 'vintage' Yachtmaster is this one:

124919-20704.jpg

This watch was Eric Clapton's personal watch, which was auctioned for charity in '03 (fetching somewhere around $130k). There has been much debate over the authenticity of the dial as none of them were technically released to the public (they are all in rolex owned safes), though most collectors and experts who have seen the watch first hand believe the dial to be absolutely, 100% genuine.

Why it is termed as a Yachtmaster is beyond me...

I know that my post strays from the original post, but I thought it was a somewhat relevant topic :)

• 2 weeks later...