When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diver Chronograph

unregistered

My latest pickup, Jaeger LeCoultre Master Compressor Diver Chronograph and the reason for my flurry of sales :D

IMG_4513.jpg

IMG_4514.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4501.jpg

IMG_4504.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4509.jpg

IMG_4506.jpg

IMG_4507.jpg

IMG_4508.jpg

IMG_4515.jpg

IMG_4510.jpg

So now the question is, I want to get another strap for this bad boy. I personally love the JLC leather strap on the Navy seals version;

nsa2.jpg

3.jpg

Before I go for the OEM, I wanted to check if anyone knew of any custom strap makers who could make something similar. There is a small piece of kevlar/composite material stitched into the leather.

If not, which is a better choice, a Maratac Elite composite blue stitch;

elitent2.jpg

Or the Bradystraps sailcloth black

blackblack2.jpg

I am still in love with this piece. Love the alternating finishes, the stunning dial colors, everything :D

Great review on the watch on WUS too (linkie)

Congratulations for you JLC, those diving watches are truly amazing...

But I own myself a NSA and the strap isn't a big deal, nice but with the use it becomes loosy on end, the strap is very thin and the buckle is 18mm... the same hapen with the nato supplied with the watch, another piece of crap :(

I finished ordering several tick strap from a well known strap maker:

NSA_BlackV.jpg

But my favorite hands down is a plain nato:

NSAnato.jpg

Anyway, for a great tech strap try this one, it's on my wish list:

http://k-straps.com/Carbon-Fiber.php

Found a spare Maratac blue strap in the strap case so cut the notches down to fit more and slapped it on

IMG_4528.jpg

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4530.jpg

LOVE IT! I was slowly getting irked by the rubber strap and was even thinking of selling off cause of the strap, now I'm back in love. So fickle. Definitely getting K-strap to build me a custom one with Kevlar inserts if I don't get the OEM one. AD quoted it at a decent price USD$200

OH and I need to get a lume shot for you guys. The seconds dial, white portion...its LUMED!

• 1 year later...

Quick question, deciding on this or another master compressor extreme world chrono!

How is the strap change on this piece, Ewc has quick release , is this a pain in the ass??

How do you like it over time, how's the weight being titanium?? Don't have anywhere to check one out in person !!

Thanks would love all impressions thoughts and gripes..

Interesting JLC. I have not been considering thes more modern looking JLCs since 2004....but even the caseback looks great on this one so maybe I will consider it now

Happy Timekeeping

Gunnar

Quick question, deciding on this or another master compressor extreme world chrono!

How is the strap change on this piece, Ewc has quick release , is this a pain in the ass??

How do you like it over time, how's the weight being titanium?? Don't have anywhere to check one out in person !!

Thanks would love all impressions thoughts and gripes..

Sold this already but strap changes arn't simple like a quick release, they use the normal spring bars so as per any "normal" watch. They do provide the springbar tool to help with things.

Weight was a little light for my preference and with Ti it was a scratch magnet. Absolutely loved it though and as a JLC its one of the best out there for certain, especially bang for buck in terms of in house movement.