When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The importance of your Avatar

Rolexman

@petem: it says "the devil laughs with us"....

hope i don't destroy sth here! :rolleyes:

But that sounds great, i have to admit, i've never seen the movie, i always wanted but missed it every god damn time i could have seen it....

i think last time i was so into a movie was last year: "Hunger" from Steve McQueen (not this one, the other one)

Yes your right mate I wont edit it as your post will look odd or mine will.

I was thinking of Les Tetes Brulees as I typed !!! :D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:drinks:

dude it's raining heavily here, and freaking cold....i wish i had a great movie to watch now!! (i know...off topic....!sorry)

Try here -

Maybe something you like

argh...my freaking macbook is from 2004 and sooooooooooo slow.....no chance anything that comes close to streaming works here.....

but thanks for the link!

As soon as i get my new AIRBOOK(yeah) i'll hopp on the train! going back to sleep then on order to keep myself from BUYING ANY WATCHES anytime soon.....for the moment.

My Avatar is of Mollie, my Welsh Pembroke Corgi, she is 7 years old and is one of the biggest goof balls I had ever met second only to Sookie, my other dog which is a Shiloh Shepard. The both of them together makes living in my house nothing but pure entertainment.

My signature is of my GMT Master 1675, the only genuine Rolex I still have in the collection.

Most of the time I use the emoticon that is wearing sunglasses since I live in a warm sunny state.

Cheers B)

Truth is in my younger days I used to dress like a Clockwork Orange along with a few mates.... We would do everything in nadsat etc I love the film, the books (as there were 3), and the music I still blast a bit of the glorious 9th alone in the car!! Takes me back to another lifetime !! ;) Though I was more into Sham69 and the Cockney Rejects then.

I still have most of the gear, the bowler, the jockstrap, braces and a shirt with the sewn in eyes etc, which I sometimes dust off for the odd fancy dress. My favourite piece is still my special hunting stick!! I keep that in my car for old times sake!!

The sig pcture and wording above is based on the same (Alex being the main character) apart from the saying at the bottom which refers to an old motto - 'The Devil burns with us'

Both were big parts of my life and influenced the person I am now :)

Very Interesting story Pete,but what about the "ultraviolence"? consedering the "hunting stick" Im affraid to ask :shock:

As a scientist, it would definitely be fun to smash a beer and philosophize about this effect :o)

Definitely! :drinks: I had so many theories bouncing around when I designed the cable and the more science I put into it, the cooler it got (and since the cables are cryogenically treated - when I say cooler - pun IS intended!)

My friend, you should ask for the Braille menu. Still can't order from it, but makes for a much more interesting read.

:lol:

I like your style ;)

My avatar is just my first rep - bought from Eurotimez what seems like a lifetime ago now! I don't wear it anywhere as much as I should, I think because it needs a decent strap to really 'make it', so I will have to look for one :)

TBH I have thought about changing my avatar recently but I'm not sure what to change it to!

Edited by Member X

I picked the Silver Surfer because I was flipping through an old comic book. I cleaned house the weekend before and found some old gear. He has always been my favorite. One of the strongest most powerful characters yet morally unparalleled and it's a damn cool pic. Your post has caused me to think about changing. I have the card of my favorite painting on my hutch in my office. It's a painting by John Martin titled "Sadak and the Waters of Oblivion". Here is the wiki:

"Sadak is a fictional character in a story in James Ridley's Tales of the Genii (two volumes, 1764); it is a faux-Oriental tale allegedly from a Persian manuscript, but actually the work of Ridley himself.[5] In Ridley's story, the hero Sadak is sent by his Sultan, Amurath, to find the memory-destroying "waters of oblivion." The Sultan maliciously intends to use the waters on Sadak's wife Kalasrade in a seduction attempt. Sadak endures a range of trials — a tempest at sea, a plague, evil genii, a subterranean whirlpool — before he attains his goal. In the end, the Sultan himself falls victim to the water's effect. Amurath dies; Sadak becomes Sultan. Martin's picture portrays Sadak at the climax of his struggle, just before he reaches the waters of oblivion."

Whenever I look at it I see my life; never easy, a constant physical, mental, and emotional struggle, within myself and with the world around me.

Love the avatar Mike!

My Fav. ones or the series:

3721046860_59c97b99af.jpg?v=0

3721046820_e99c75e6da.jpg?v=0

My Avatar, reflects my interests... Red Bull Air Races (anything involving speed and 100% pure adrenaline , Breilting (most watches), Aviation and The Motor City. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Or how many horses you have in those cubic inches: 327-375 FI